Chapter 14

A week later  

Clark and his family were gone for most of the week due to spring break, and Christie was gone to a sports medicine training camp.

As much as it killed Clark to not bring it up, he decided to give her space during the break but she was supposed to come over today. And he was not going to let her distract him or storm off again. He needed to know what was going on.

All of Clark's friends just showed up and started watching a basketball game. He didn't even know if Christie would come over, so he shrugged it off and waited.

Christie drove up to his house and slowly walked up to his front door and she felt like collapsing, she was so weak. She quietly knocked on the door and did her best to look okay.

"Fuck I don't want to do this" Christie mumbled as she waited for Clark to answer the door.

Clark ran to the door since he knew who it was. He swung it open and saw Christie standing there, and she didn't look okay. And his concern was now over the top.

'Hey, are you okay?' he asked as she walked in and right past him. 'Ya, just a little tired' and she went and tried to go sit on the couch with everyone else.

"No, what's going on" He whispered before Christie could sit down.

"I am leaving if you don't drop it Clark, I am serious" Her face was hard, but there was desperation underneath that Clark could see.

He angrily ran his hands through his hair, "fucking hell" he murmured as he turned around.

"Fine. But we are going to talk about it sometime today Christie. And I am serious about that."

She pursed her lips in annoyance as she walked past him shaking her head in both frustration and acceptance.

During the whole game he would stare at her and she definitely seemed off. She's pale, and her breathing looks labored, and he could tell she was not seeing anything on the screen. And she was still wearing that heavy looking sweatshirt.

Did something else happen at home, did her dad hurt her again or do something even worse.

"I am getting a drink" she murmured when she saw Clarks intense stare.

Christie tried to hurry to the bathroom before Clark got to her, but he was to fast and stopped the door before it closed. She leaned her hands on either side of the sink and took a struggling breath in.

"Christie I can't wait, it's killing me inside, what's going on? Please" He begged.

"Not your concern"

"What? Not my concern?"

"Ya, exactly" she quickly slipped under is arm so she could get out of the bathroom and into the hall.

"Christie!" Clark ran in front of her and stopped Christie in her tracks.

She just stared at him, "Think of something!" she thought panicking. She could see everything falling apart. Once he knows he will definitely be done with this relationship. She was trembling even worse now.

"Christie please. Let me in" He whispered desperately as he gently placed his forehead onto hers.

"You are not going to like what you see. It will hurt you. And I never want to hurt you. Please. Let it go."

He backed up to look at her, and she sighed in relief thinking he was dropping it. He had a sad look on his face, while he gently grabbed her hand and went into his room.