Episode 5: Malevolence (Part 1)

(After a few weeks pass, Levine grows ever more powerful and has almost reached his true power. Betty and everyone else had tried to stop him multiple times, but it seems like the group has run out of options.)

Chara: We should just RESET. This madness is never-ending, and resetting will fix it. 

Frisk: Chara, we both know resetting can't fix everything. Besides, the last time we reset, that was right before Betty, Sans, Jessica, Ronan, and Gaster met Levine. 

Chara: True, but... how does that change my point?

Sans: No, the kid's right. We shouldn't reset. Not when we can still find a way to stop Levine from wrecking the timeline. 

Betty: (standing in the doorway leaning against the frame) And how would we do that? I think the better option here is to RESET, Sans. 

(Sans looks at Betty. She had been nearly apathetic and in her Determination trait for the past few days, and Sans, Frisk, and Chara were getting worried that she had been trying to gain LV... it seemed like she was, though they couldn't say that for sure.) 

Gaster: Levine's trait is very powerful... I've been doing all the research I can. There's nothing about his soul in any of my books, however, which is a problem since we don't have a way to defeat him. 

Asriel: Well, then... What are we supposed to do? If RESET isn't an option...

Jessica: ...We fight. 

Ronan: (finishing Jessica's sentence) Until we can't. 

Asgore: *sighs* It's our best option. 

Mettaton: Well, if that's our only plan... 

Alphys: We have to. For the ones who aren't here right now... we have to try. 

(Yikes, this is starting to sound like Endgame.) 

Papyrus: (noticing Betty was leaving) Human? Where are you going?

Betty: ...You don't have to worry about that. 

(Sans, Chara, and Frisk look at each other. Betty enters another room, pulling out a HATE vial that she managed to get during the last time the group saw Levine, which was an ambush at the AMD, or, that's what it used to be, anyway. She stares at the vial intently.)

Betty: (Maybe... this is a good idea...)

(After a few seconds, she puts the vial away.)

Betty: (No, who am I kidding? How stupid can I be to think I can control HATE?)

(Meanwhile, in the True Lab...)

Levine: *angrily* Ugh! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE GOT AWAY WITH THE HATE! Ever since her power has increased with that stupid Determination, she can...! *sighs* ...It's... It's fine. I don't need to worry about it. After all, once I reach my full power, I'll be able to overpower her anyway. Just... not right now... I'm not strong enough yet. I need to feed on more PAIN... 

(Back at the safe house) 

Sans: Wait, like he said a few weeks ago, how do we defeat Levine if he feeds on pain itself?

Gaster: (runs into the room) Everyone, I've found something. This will give us a lead against Levine. 

(Down in Gaster's lab...)

Sans: What'd ya find, G?

Gaster: We thought that there was no way we could defeat Levine... but, after doing some extensive research, I've found his soul's weakness. 

Toriel: What is it?

Gaster: According to what I read, Levine feeds on both emotional and physical pain... but he can't handle too much of it at the same time. If we can do that, then his soul will turn grey and then we can kill him without him growing stronger. 

Ronan: Perfect! But... how do we do that?

Frisk: ...Betty. She can read people's memories and find out their fears, and then she can put that person in a hallucination based on that fear. That has to induce some sort of emotional pain, right? 

Gaster: ...I'm afraid it depends on what she makes him see. 

Sans: Uh, the only problem with that is that we don't know where she is right now. 

Alphys: W-Well, then, let's go find her! 

(As everyone starts leaving Gaster's lab, Sans thinks to himself.)

Sans: (I feel like Levine knows something about Betty that we don't... I need to see if I'm right.)

(Sans then teleports away from the group and right next to the True Lab, though no one else notices.)

Levine: (in the True Lab, sensing Sans) I believe I have company. 

(When Sans enters the room Levine was standing in, Levine is already prepared.)

Levine: Ha... You must have a death wish if you're coming on your own. 

Sans: I just need answers. 

Levine: Answers to what?

Sans: You... you know something about Betty that we don't. 

Levine: ...You wanna know something? She doesn't know either. But that's all you'll get out of my mouth. Leave, now. I don't want to waste time with you. 

Sans: (creates a Gaster Blaster which is aimed at Levine) Tell me what you know. 

Levine: ...Is that supposed to scare me? You should be really  thankful that I'm not attacking you right now. 

Sans: Tell me already. 

(Sans's foot shifts, causing the ground to crack slightly (like in Dust, after Frisk broke the promise), which slightly surprises Levine, who raises an eyebrow.)

Levine: You really want to know, huh? Whatever. It doesn't even matter if you tell Betty anyways. It not like it's a threat to my plan or anything. *grabs a HATE vial he had sitting around that was also from the AMD ambush* Catch. 

(Sans manages to catch the vial.)

Levine: You know what that is, right?

Sans: *throws back the vial* Obviously. It's HATE. 

Levine: *catches the vial flawlessly* Do you know where HATE can come from?

Sans: ...Huh. Never really thought about that... 

Levine: HATE comes from animosity, animosity comes from, in your case, genocide, and genocide comes from a RESET. Do you see where I'm going?

Sans: ...Kind of. 

Levine: Betty... she has Determination. So does Frisk, who started said genocide. Think about it. 

Sans: ...So, you're saying that there's a correlation between Betty and HATE?

Levine: ...Precisely. Smarter than you seem. 

Sans: I'd watch your mouth if I were you. 

Levine: Anyway, are you wondering why I'm making this correlation?

Sans: Kinda, yeah. 

Levine: The power of an individual... If willed, like what occurred a few weeks ago, that person's CONTROL over one thing can mean significance... 

Sans: ...Wait... you're saying that-

Levine: That's exactly what I'm saying. Betty can control HATE.