Episode 4: Tenacity (Part 2)

(A few days after the last part...)

(Sans is sitting on the couch with Frisk, talking about the timeline while everyone else is trying to find ways to defeat Levine, before Betty and Gaster walk in with Mettaton (in his NEO form) and Jessica.) 

Gaster: Sans, Frisk, get ready. We're going to face Levine. 

Frisk: What? But every other time we-

Betty: We're going to win this time. I know it. 

(Out in the city, the six of them walk towards the city center where Levine had been detected, while Gaster is able to explain half of their plan to Frisk and Sans. When they run into him, they're confident that they'll win this time, even though Frisk and Sans aren't aware of the second half of the plan that involves Betty's newly discovered special ability.)

Levine: ...I've been expecting you. What took you so long, Betty?

Betty: I'd shut your trap if I were you. 

Levine: ...Oh, I see how it is. You won't defeat me. You never will. 

Sans: I beg to differ. Even though me and Frisk have no idea what half the plan is.

Levine: Pfft, you didn't even tell your teammates your plan? I feel like you shouldn't have mentioned that, Sans. 

Gaster: (whispers to Betty) You remember what to do, right? How to control it?

Betty: ...Of course I do... (to Levine) Why don't we start off easy?

(Betty then uses her Rhabdophobia, gaining control of the Gaster Blasters and bones provided by Gaster and Sans, who create new weapons, while Mettaton and Jessica ready their weapons afterwards. Betty throws the weapons that she has control of at Levine, who gets hit but simply brushes it off. After Betty switches to her Determination trait, Levine, Betty, Sans, Gaster, Frisk, Mettaton, and Jessica then begin fighting, while Betty tries to get more determined throughout the battle. After a while, Betty's hair is almost fully red.)

Betty: I'm ready, Gaster!

Gaster: Good. Everyone, get clear!

Frisk: You didn't tell us about this?

Gaster: Just do it. 

(After everyone reaches a safe distance, Betty's hair turns fully red at Betty's demand and she uses her new power. After the negative red area is created - with Levine still in it - Betty creates her Determination sword, which creates many dark red slashes around her, aimed at Levine. Her sword then flashes for a split second, sending the slashes quickly towards Levine, who isn't able to dodge the attack.)

Levine: How... ugh... how did you control- 

(Levine is interrupted by a large red beam fired at him, which hits him. Betty is the one firing the beam from her hand, and when she stops firing, she drops to the ground and walks towards Levine. As Levine looks up at her, Betty's save file shows up for a few seconds - and her LV was 21. When Levine notices this, he stares at Betty in horror, and notices the bottom of her shirt, hair, skirt, and sleeves were slightly black. Betty then raises her sword and brings it down on Levine's arm, pinning him to the ground.)

Betty: It's... over. Give up. 

(Betty's voice sounds apathetic, with a hint of rage underneath, which sends chills running down Levine's back.)

Levine: (his frightened look slowly turns into a smile...) Ha... ha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You really think that you've defeated me?! Like I said...

HOW CAN YOU DEFEAT SOMEONE THAT FEEDS ON PAIN?

(Betty watches in horror as Levine's magic grows stronger and he knocks her and everyone else back with his halberd, cutting Betty diagonally across her chest and staining her shirt with blood, pain which Levine feeds off of and grows even stronger.)

Levine: (Yes, I can feel my power returning to its fullest... I can almost overpower HATE... almost...) Soon I'll have control over this timeline... and none of you will be alive to stop it. 

Betty: (coughs up blood, then does her best to speak) You... you can't...

Levine: Why not?

Betty: Because... you... you don't... have... D... Determination... 

(This makes Levine angrier, and he runs towards Betty, until Sans comes in and blocks the attack.)

Sans: That expression... that's the expression of someone who wants to destroy this timeline.

(Sans then teleports the six of them back to the safe house, which further angers Levine, but he calms himself down.)

Levine: Don't worry, you'll get them next time... my plan is almost complete. 

(Back at the safe house...)

Sans: (entering a room) Paps! Bro, where are you?

Papyrus: (in another room) I'm in here, Sans!

(Sans enters the room that Papyrus was in with Alphys. Only when he looks up at Sans does he see his expression and realizes that there was a problem.)

Papyrus: Sans, what are you so eager about... Sans... what happened over there. 

Sans: Bro, I can only explain one thing... you have to heal Betty. 

(A few minutes later, Chara, Frisk, and Sans are talking in the backyard.)

Chara: Is Betty going to be okay?

Sans: I... I hope so, kid. If she isn't... the timeline will be gone... unless she gives it to Frisk.

Frisk: That's a backup plan I don't really want to happen... I feel like the timeline is better in Betty's hands. 

Sans: ...How are we going to defeat Levine?

Frisk: ...We'll find a way without sacrificing the timeline...

...We just need to keep up our tenacity...