Parents

Today was an important day. The day your parents would be meeting your boyfriend Mena. Nerves were getting the better part of you because the last you had brought a guy home it didn't end well. To add Mena was an actor and although you had told them about him before you still didn't know what to expect.

"Y/N you alright babe?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" You smile as Mena gave you a cup of coffee.

"Well you've been silent pretty much all morning that's not like you. Seriously everything okay?" Mena asked taking your hand in his.

"I'm just nervous about you guys meeting each other. I'm not ashamed of you I swear I just keep thinking about my ex I brought home."

"I promise I'm not him. I'm not going to leave you like he did or ever. There's absolutely nothing to worry about I'll be my charming self."

"Maybe that smile will be just enough it works on me."

"In every way." He winked and you smiled wide taking a sip of coffee. He was different from your ex that was for sure. Kind, charming, and well mannered.

"So I was thinking we head out an hour before dinner so I can get flowers for your mom. What does your dad like?"

"Why Mena are you trying to bribe my parents with gifts?"

"I've got to get my in somehow." He laughed and went to stand behind you. Setting his head on your shoulder and press a kiss to your neck.

"Oh I did let them know you're vegan so my mom made you a special dish."

"Thanks babe."

"You're welcome. Oh and my dad just bring a really nice bottle of wine. He never likes to admit it but he's a wine guy."

"Good to know."

"Hey what are you doing?" You laughed as he continued to kiss your neck arms wrapping around your middle.

"Just finding a way to stay busy and keep you distracted. I find where this leads to be more than okay for both of us. Win. Win."

"Nice try I'm not having sex with you right now Mena. No matter how tempted I or you may be."

"Alright. Alright." He mumbled in your neck and pulled away.

~

You didn't want to be overly dressy so you settled on a nice simple dress. Along with your short heels.

"You look beautiful Y/N."

"Thanks babe." You finished applying make up and fixed your hair. While Mena watched happily because he was done before you. After all was done you grabbed your purse and keys. Mena locked the door and opened your car door. Then it was off to the store for flowers and wine.

Arriving at 6:50 you took a deep breath and got out of the car.

"Everything is going to be fine." You squeezed his hand and he looked down at you with a questioning look. .

"Babe you're a great actor but I knew you were just as nervous if not more than me. Better at hiding it than I was but I know you. We can do this."

"This is why I love you and we almost forgot the flowers and wine." You both laughed and you got the wine and him the flowers. When you got to the door you knocked and the door was opened seconds after.

"Sweetheart. Y/D/N Y/N's here!"

"Hi mom." She gave you big hug and then Mena.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mrs. Y/L/N. These are for you."

"These are lovely Mena. Please come in." She moved to the side and let you guys in.

"There's my angel."

"Hi dad. Dad this Mena my boyfriend."

"It's pleasure to meet you sir."

"Great manners on this young man." He said shaking his hand.

"Oh mom here's some wine. I'll go help in the kitchen. You'll be okay?"

"No worries pumpkin."

Mena P.O.V

"Hate to be that dad but what are your intentions with my daughter?" We both took a seat on the couch.

"Well sir we've only been dating 4 months but I can see myself with her. I love your daughter more than anything and I see a future with her. Getting married starting a family. I'm getting ahead of myself I know but I can't lie."

"I like you son. The way she goes on about you when we talk I know she's found the one this time."

"I say the same."

"I know I it'll be important to her if we spend some time together. So what do you say to some golf next weekend?"

"I say that sounds good."

"What sounds good?" I looked over my shoulder to see Y/N standing there with two glasses of wine in hand. Her mom handed one to her husband and Y/N gave me mine. Taking a seat next to me. My arm immediately going around her shoulders.

"Next weekend me and your dad golfing."

"We should do something together then mom." I watched as she talked and loved the way she got excited. I believed someday this would be my every weekend. Spending time with the woman I love and her loving parents.

~

"That was a lovely dinner. Thank you again for the meal."

"No trouble Mena. We hope to see you again soon."

"No doubt about it. Mr. Y/L/N I'll see you next weekend."

"Yes indeed." We all said our goodbyes. Me and Y/N got in the car and I drove us home.

"See babe that wasn't so bad was it?"

"Not at all. Hey Y/N."

"Yeah?"

"I love you." I put my hands on either side of her face and leaned in for a kiss.

"I love you too. Come on let's go to bed."

"I second that." I took her hand and locked the door and turned out the lights. I stripped off my jacket and shirt along with ny pants. Helping Y/N with her dress. Which she traded in for an old shirt of mine and nothing else.

"Goodnight baby." She scooted closer as I moved forward and let my arm around her middle. Placing a kiss to her cheek.

"Goodnight love."