Chapter 7: So new, So cute

"Aww look at you," Penelope stepped back to admire her work. Dolly sat in Penelope's room, in her makeup chair, with a new look.
"I feel ridiculous." Dolly stated, giving Penelope the most unamused look.
"That's because you've never worn makeup, silly!" Penelope reached forward and gently held Dolly's cheeks, tilting her head back and forth.
"I don't like it. Take it off." Dolly ordered. Rolling her eyes, Penelope stepped away and to her closet.
"Just put on the outfit and then you can argue." She told, rummaging threw her closet. Dolly sighed, turning back to the mirror. It was too different. Penelope did give her more of a natural look but with some light eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.
"Not to be a nag, but," Dolly stopped to turn to Penelope, "How long do I have to keep this on?" She whined.
"Party is over at 5, and you are the only one staying the night." Penelope smiled at her. Dolly blinked at her, standing up from the chair quickly,
"Really? I thought you invited more to stay over?"
"I did, but once you said you were allowed to I told the others I canceled it. I figured it'd be easier for you." Penelope smugly tossed her hair over her shoulder, lifting up the top she picked out for Dolly.
"Aw, I love you." Dolly grinned, then frowned once she saw what Penelope had laid out on her bed.
"There is no way I'm wearing those overalls." Dolly pointed. Penelope pouted,
"These are shortalls, and they are soo cute! They are gonna be so freaking adorable on you!" She protested.
"No." Dolly spoke sternly.
"Fine, I have backups." Penelope wore an evil smirk as she turned back to her closet.
"Why is everybody obsessed with me being cute?" Dolly muttered as she sat back down.
"Knock knock." A voice spoke as someone opened Penelope's door slowly.
"Come on in, Neil. We're decent." Penelope called out, allowing the door to swing open. Neil stepped in the room quickly while shutting the door.
"Thanks for telling me an hour later that Dolly is here." Neil grumbled. Penelope waved her hand at him, ignoring him. She finally pulled out a bright blue top matched with a black mini skirt.
"How's this?" Penelope asked.
"Dolly stopped wearing skirts when she was 6 for a reason." Neil answered for her.
"I will not back down." Penelope glared as she reached back in her closet. Dolly sighed again, wanting to relax.
"Ok, how about this!" Penelope revealed a pair of dark red skinny jeans with a simple white shirt.
"I don't think-"
"I like that." Dolly spoke, interrupting Neil as she stood up and walked over to Penelope.
"Ha! Now we match this with the right necklace and jacket and your all set." Penelope told.
"I like it simple you know." Dolly mumbled.
"Now, you can go help downstairs for a bit." Penelope abruptly turned to Neil while pointing at the door. Neil nodded as he reached for the handle,
"Sure, I'll give you both some privacy." He mumbled under his breath as he left.
"I can still curl your hair right?" Penelope asked the instant the door shut.
"Yeah, just remember you burn my ear and we both dead." Dolly warned as she sat back down.

Chloe and Simon both carried a large body bag carefully down the basement stairs. They were lucky enough this one was naive. Together they set their new doll on the table. They had little time to tie it down before it woke up.
"I'm so excited! We have all night to ourselves!" Chloe giggled as she helped take the doll out of the bag and tie it down. Once done, Chloe pinched her brows together.
     "We'll have to do something about her eyes. I don't like them." She spoke blankly.
     "I think Clarissa here could use some different eyes. They are too dark, almost black." Simon commented. Chloe nodded, crossing her arms.
     "It's horrible with the neon yellow hair too!" Simon wore a disgusted look.
     "That's an easy fix with just a box of hair dye." Chloe waved off.
     "Oh I forgot to tell you. Your sister Krystal called today." Chloe brought up suddenly.
     "Ugh, step sister, what did she want?" Simon growled. Chloe shrugged as she stepped over to him.
     "Just to say hello, and that she wants to visit sometime." Chloe calmly addressed as she wrapped her arms around Simon. Smiling down on his wife, Simon kissed her softly while holding her.

     Penelope smiled awkwardly as everyone sang happy birthday to her. Dolly mumbled as she observed the crowd slowly. She stuck by Neil's side the second she left Penelope's room.
Once Penelope blew the candles out, Dolly immediately felt the urge to leave. She's so used to going home early.
"How much you wanna bet she wished for a guy with bad hearing. You know, so she can still talk loudly." Neil spoke.
"I'm betting it's for Connor to ask her out. She's still into him, and he's right over there." Dolly pointed out. Neil raised his brows, shifting his pose.
"Dolly dear! You having fun yet?" Penelope practicality bounced over to her. Dolly shrugged, still feeling out of place.
"Penny! I thought you said the movie was gonna start?" Penelope's cousin, April, suddenly jumped up aside Penelope with a nagging tone. For being only a year younger than Penelope, Dolly thought she acted immature. She had the same black hair as her, just cut shorter, and she was about the same height as Penelope.
     "Then go start it." Penelope pipped back sternly.
     "You gonna watch with us?" A different voice spoke as a young man stepped aside April.
     "I'll think about it. Right now I'd rather hang out with this one." Penelope smiled as she wrapped her arm around Dolly's. The young man tilted his head, with a smirk.
     "I know I haven't seen you before? She another cousin?" He asked.
     "No this is my best friend. Isn't that right, Dolly?" Penelope answered while beaming.
     "Dolly? Hi, I'm Isaac, I go to school with April." He introduced. Dolly looked him over carefully, he was pretty tall, about as tall as Neil. He had brushed his black hair forward, almost covering his hazel eyes.
     "That's nice, but we're busy with, something." Neil suddenly spoke, reaching out to Dolly to grab her arm.
     "Neil," Penelope cursed under her breath as she glared at him. Dolly quickly backed up from the three, wanting to leave already. She pulled her phone out to send a quick text to her parents.

     Simon wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand, stopping the second he heard his phone vibrate. Chloe stopped cutting into the new dolls chest to look up at him.
     "What's wrong? Is she ok? Does she need us to get her?"
     "Don't worry, she's just getting used to being around people. I'll tell her to wait until the party is over and see if she still wants us to get her." Simon told as he typed away on his phone before setting it down.
     "Now, let's hurry and finish up." He exhaled, seeing how much work they got done. They made good time today!