seventy-two

It's Fizzy's idea to watch a movie. They're exhausted from a day of physical activity and want to decompress on the couch.

Louis had partly expected them to leave when they got back to the apartment, giving Harry and him time to relax before the next outing tomorrow, but it was a surprisingly pleasant surprise to hear they wanted to stay. He wants to apologize to Harry for his family occupying his entire day but Harry seems to be just fine. In fact, he actually seems happy.

"So. What movie?"

As it turns out, everyone is in the mood for a romantic comedy. Louis and Harry are always in the mood for a romantic comedy. This is good news because the only movies they own on DVD are rom coms. They settle on watching Pride and Prejudice, which has Harry so excited he trips over his own feet when bringing the bowls of popcorn back to the family room and almost makes a mess that would be hell to clean up. He catches himself at the last second and has the decency to blush with embarrassment as Louis teases him about it.

"Shut up," he grumbles, because he has no better comeback to Louis making fun of him. He hands the popcorn to the girls who are sitting on the loveseat together and then swivels around to face the couch. Jay scooches over, giving Harry room to sit between her and Louis. He sits down shyly, and Lottie presses play on the movie.

"Hey, kiddo?" Louis whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Mind if I lean on you? I'm knackered."

Harry frowns at him, but offers his side up anyways. Louis leans into him gratefully, feeling the beautiful warmth from his body. It soaks through his skin, into his bones, until he feels calm and sated, slumped up against Harry.

"You better not fall asleep, Lou. This is one of the best movies ever."

"I know, babe, I won't."

He's out before Elizabeth and Darcy's first dance.