Chapter 18: Duet Rehearsal

(A/N this chapter is super short)

While Jace and I got ice for my arm, Abby "talked" to Maddie. In other words she's lucky that all Abby did was pull her from the group dance and her solo and not her spot from the team. Melissa didn't even try to defend Maddie, she just told Maddie her dad was on her way to pick her up. Kalani and Kendall hate me even more now. Perfect.

When my arm no longer hurts and everyone else has left, Jace and I head to the main studio to rehearse our duet with Abbey. "So have you guys created a story for your duet?" Abby asks. We both nod and Jace gestures for me to explain. "I actually think this best is better seen without words. We know the story but I think the viewer should be able to have their own interpretation." I say smiling. "Then wow me." Abby says.

Jace and I start the dance. As we get farther into the song we dance even harder, really trying hard to impress Abby. I can actually feel tears in my eyes as I completely immerse myself in my character. We end the dance laying next to each other on the ground. We are breathing heavily but we stay still until we hear Abby applauding. We get up and look at Abby who has tears streaming down her face as she smiles at us. Jace and I run up to her and give her a hug.

"Words can't describe how blown away I was by your dancing." Abby says quietly. "I know everyone at Juilliard will fall in love with this dance." Jace and I thank her, then we run the dance with her giving us corrections. But she mostly just sits back and lets us rehearse which I really appreciate, since Jace and I are usually on the same page.

Jace and I are on a stretch break as the Juilliard crew walks into the studio. I get up to hug Angelina. "How are you?" she asks smiling. "I'm doing pretty good. I'm really excited to show you guys the duet." I say with a huge smile on my face. I'm smiling because I'm happy but also because it's the complete opposite mood of our duet. Jace and I perform the dance for the crew and as we finish there's just complete silence in the studio.

Jace and I look at each other worried. Suddenly the studio is filled with applause and I even see many of the crew members crying. Jace and I smile at each other then get off of the floor. "That was stunning. I can't wait to shoot the video with you guys. Abby your choreography is amazing." Angelina says smiling. "Actually Trinity and Jace choreographed this theirselves." Angelina is shocked and compliments us before the crew leaves. I'm so excited to shoot the video.

Jace pulls me aside to ask me something. "Yes?" I say. "Would you like to sleep over my house again? I know you're mom's out of town so I though maybe we could have another sleepover." Jace says nervously. "Of course Jace." I say smiling. We hug and head out to Jace'a dad's car.