Chapter 5: Crunch Time

Trinity's Outfit

I'm really nervous right now since today is the last practice before competition

I'm really nervous right now since today is the last practice before competition. Abby has been really hard on me to show everyone that there is no favoritism and it's been rough. I'm currently shaking my leg violently on the way to dance. I already had homeschooling so I don't need to go to school.

Once we arrive I take Alec out of the car and walk into the studio. Alec immediately runs to the moms to talk about his day while I get changed into my dance wear.

 Alec immediately runs to the moms to talk about his day while I get changed into my dance wear

Everyone greets each other as usual and the moms go on the steps as we go in the back room. As we stretch everyone is talking and having fun. "So Trin Trin are you nervous?" Kendall asks me. "Yes Abby has been really hard on me but Trin Trin?" I say confused. Everyone bursts out laughing. "It's your name on her phone." Kalani fills me in and I nod understandingly.

We all leave the room as Abby calls us in for our "daily evaluation". "Today is the last day before competition and we're leaving immediately at 7 tonight so be prepared or find your own ride." we all nod. "The group dance has a very unique and dark theme if the acting isn't there we might as well stay here. Trinity I have not seen your improved audition solo at all this week and I haven't put you against anyone so you better prove you deserve to dance with these girls. Don't let me down" Abby says sternly. "Yes ma'am." I reply. "We're gonna start with the trio so everyone else your dismissed." Gianna says.

While we're waiting I put in my earphones and mark my dance making sure my timing is perfect.

Finally it's time for the group. "We've been on a winning streaks for the last three weeks will you let it fall just because of some newbie or some hard tricks, or will you rise to the occasion." Abby says. The moms start talking about me being a new girl and not deserving to have a solo and Abby looks at me in pity. I just laugh out loud so they can hear me, "They do know we can hear them right? It's quite childish really." I say sassily snapping my fingers. The whole studio bursts out laughing including the camera men.

The moms look at me and shock causing me to smile innocently. "Now that that's over let's run the dance from the top." Abby says trying to contain her laughter. The girls nod still giggling. As the music starts I go into my mindset imagining never ending pressure being put upon me and essentially going full out.

"That was a good run but you can always improve. Technique technique technique, that's what will really sell this dance." Abby says we nod and run it again Abby yelling at us to fix our feet and straighten our knees when needed but overall it's a huge improvement from yesterday's rehearsal. "I'm really proud of you guys, get packed and meet us back at 7."

I change out of my dance clothes and text my mom. On the bus all of us are just chatting about who knows what. I love all of the girls already but I think my best friend is Brynn because she is just a really down to earth person.

We're all on the bus and I'm sitting with Brynn just really nervous right now because this will be my first competition with a new team.
"Hey what's wrong?" Brynn asks me curiously.

"I'm just nervous what if I screw up and we lose, I don't wanna leave the team I love you guys already." I confess. Brynn makes a face of realization and hugs me. "It's okay I feel the same thing everyday. All of the moms hate my mom and hate on me and act like I don't know it. But you just gotta keep your head up." Brynn says pulling away. I nod glad the cameras aren't here and we immediately get into a funny conversation with the rest of the girls, my nerves forgotten.

We walk into the hotel and I take a deep breath. Here we go.