Chapte XIV- bittersweet

/Eros Morningstar/

2 months later

I sat on the island in the kitchen, thinking about everything. Daemon and I were doing good since our opening up. We haven't finished the mate bond but then again I don't know if I'm ready.

I sipped the glass of water that was in my hand. Things have been good and it's kind of weird.

     "Eros!"

     "Eros!" I turned to see Daemon wondering around looking like a lost puppy.

     "I'm right here," I said calmly. He looked at me and relaxed. "I was worried."

     "Why?" I questioned, not really used to it.

"My mate wasn't next to me when I woke up in the middle of the night. My wolf likes to think the worst." He explained and I nodded, understanding. He walked closer to me and gave me a hug and I sank into his arms.

     "Daemon I think I'm ready," he looked at me intensely. "I'm ready to be marked," he looked shocked but happy. I looked down from his gaze feeling a little self conscious. His finger hooked around my chin and brought it up to meet those gray eyes. He smiled before he went leaned down and took my lips.

     He hooked my legs around his waist and carried me up the stairs, still keeping the kiss going. It felt like everything in my body lit up to his touch. I couldn't very well explain it. My body was in a haze as he stopped outside his room. "Are you sure?" He pulled back and looked in my eyes. The intensity was almost scary. No one has ever looked at me with so much...love?

     "Yes Daemon," I breathed out. I was scared to say the least but I was also excited. I wanted what every other mate had. The love, the intimacy, the bond. I wanted it and I wanted it with Daemon. He connected our lips again and pushed the door open.

     My back touched the bed and immediately I felt Daemons lips connect with my collarbone. I was lost in everything. Everything seemed to almost be falling into place. I arched my back as he found the spot where his mark would lay. He kept kissing the spot before I felt him pull back. "Eros," he whispered before plunging his canines into the sensitive skin.

     I moaned in pain but also in pleasure. It hurt so bad but I knew the pain would turn into pleasure. I really did love him and I was ready to give it all to him, and that's what I did.

•••

     I woke up to the birds, cliche yes but I was too happy to even realize. I had my head on Daemons chest and I listened to his heart beat. It was steady and calm. I felt connected to him on another level. I could feel what he was feeling and he could what I was feeling. I know he's been through a lot and so have I. I believe we can over come that together. His past haunts him and I was determined to make sure he knew those words or actions are not true.

I traced the markings that covered his chest. The markings that made his family who they were. The markings that every werewolf is afraid of seeing because the Ares family is not one to mess with. Daemon knew his power and used it for good. I love him for that.

Daemon eventually woke up, he looked at ease and happy. My wolf was bouncing around she loved it. I smiled at my mate before closing my eyes, trying to savor this moment. I really didn't want to let him go.

Almost as if he knew, Daemon wrapped his arms around me, tightly. I sunk into his arms. We laid there for an hour before we decided to get up. When I went to stretch I forgot that I was naked and the sheet came down on me. Daemon growled.

      I laughed before telling him, "I'm going to take a shower and you mister will stay right here." He pouted and I walked towards the shower. I was about to get into the shower when I heard a knock on the door. "Eros I need to go pee," it sounded like he was begging.

     I wrapped a towel around me before opening the door and letting him in. As soon as he got in he smirked before pushing me up against the wall. He trailed kisses down my neck and you could only imagine what happened next.

•••

    I unwrapped the towel from my hair and turned the blow dryer on. Daemon came out of the closet putting his belt on. He was wearing all black; button up, pants, and shoes. He had a relaxed look on him today and I don't know if it's because of what had happened previously last night or this morning but I liked it.

     I was putting my earrings in and I felt Daemon behind me. The heat of his body making mine feel all tingly. He moved my hair all to one side before leaning down and kissing the mark. I tilted my head so he could have more access. He gripped my hips as he started trailing up and that's when I pulled away, as much as I loved it, we can't stay in here all day.

    "Why must you do this, my love?" I smirked at him before going towards the closet and putting my shoes on. Once I finished I heard my phone ringing and the caller ID said 'Blaire'. I answered.

    "Eros. I-I-" his voice got broken up by a sob. What the hell was going on?

     "Blaire? What's going on?" I continue to hear the sobs. "Blair what's wrong?!" I heard Hollis take the phone from him.

     "Eros is Aren, he's in a coma and they don't know when he'll wake up." Hollis' voice was heavy. I stood frozen in the bedroom, not knowing what to do or how to react. My brother was in a coma. Don't know if he'll wake up. My breathing started to become more rapid and that when I felt Daemon trying to calm me.

     "Come as soon as possible." The line went dead and the sobs came in. Daemon held me close until I finished.

      "I n-need to go see him Daemon." He held my head to his chest.

     "We will go as soon as possible, I promise." He kissed me head and that's when things started going down hill.

It was a bittersweet day.

////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\

They did it and shit got real.

I hoped you guys enjoyed this. I'm sorry it's so late.
Sorry for the grammar/spelling mistakes.

|published: 8/03/19|
|unedited|
|word count: 1125|