Chapter XII - Im Sorry

"I just want to lay my head on your chest so I'm as close as it gets to your heart. We can fall apart and start over again."

- we think too much by Lil Peep

\Eros Morningstar\

    I walked the garden path, not knowing what else to do. Ever since the other night Daemon and I have grown distant and it's kind of my fault. I push away the people I care about when I get like this. I don't want to bring them down so I push away from them. I can tell it's having an affect on Venus. She wants her mate but she also respects me enough to give me time.

Before Daemon I had an almost lonely life. I never really trusted anyone after what had happened so I only talked to Aren and Blaire. It took me forever just to open up to them though. I was only 15. I went to school still I was just the loner. Most of my friends were the little kids from the pack. Sad I know but they made me happy.

"Eros?" I turned around to see Daemon. He looked bad. His hair was shriveled and his normally good posture was gone. His bright, stern eyes had a solemn look.

"Yea?"

"Cut it out Eros," he sounded annoyed. I couldn't blame him though. I was supposed to open up to him about things like this but what if I don't even know what I'm feeling?

"I know what you're doing." I scrunched my eyebrows at his words. "You are pushing me away. You aren't letting me in. I get that. You don't have to tell me everything right on the spot but don't try to push me away Eros. I only want what's best for you and I can see you're going through something." I was shocked to say the least.

"Eros you are bottling things up. What's going to happen when that bottle breaks and everything spills out?" He looked at me with concerned eyes. "It's going to hurt. It's going to hurt so bad because everything will come out at once. I've known from experience. When my mom died I never told anyone how I was feeling. I bottled up my pain, until Dianna nearly stopped me from doing something I would regret." All I felt was guilt. He was right. I shouldn't be bottling everything. I'm too afraid to let anyone in.

"I'm sorry," I cried. I felt the tears slip down. "I'm sorry for pushing you away. I'm sorry that I'm not a good mate. I'm sorry about your mom. I'm just sorry Daemon," I sobbed. My legs were giving out and I could t hold myself up any longer. Right before I landed arms came around me and I was pulled into a warm chest.

Daemon held me until I wasn't sobbing no more. He light rubbed my back and rocked us. He didn't question. He didn't say anything but that what I wanted.

"Hey," he whispered. I looked into those gray eyes. "I'm here for you Eros whenever you need it." I have him a small smile which he returned. We sat in silence for a while before he asked me if I wanted to talk about it.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure what trigger it. My mental health has been going down and usually I can keep it okay but recently the thoughts have been getting to me." He looked concentrated. "It's no one's fault. I can feel myself going down and I haven't felt like this since for a good year now and it scares me Daemon."

I can tell his Wolf was in distress. He wanted to know why his mate was feeling this. Daemon was on edge to I could see it. I laid my head back on his chest.

"We will figure things out Eros. I will help you get out of it and rise up. I promise." He kisses the top of my head before whispering "I will do anything to make you make."

•••

I woke up later that night to the shower being turned on. It was my room so I was confused as to who was taking a shower in my room. I froze in my spot as I heard the shower stop and I saw a half naked Daemon come out of the bathroom. He wore some basketball shorts but not top. Where did the hoodie go?

"Uh you fell asleep and since my wolf was on edge he didn't want me to leave you." That was his excuse. I nodded my head before resting my head back down on the pillow. He was about to leave. I didn't want him to leave.

"Daemon?" I spoke up. He looked at me curiously. "Can you just stay?" I hopped it wasn't weird. Then again we are mates. He smiled before nodding. He was about to lay in the floor when I told him to just lay on the bed.

"Are you sure?" I nodded my head. My wolf was restless. She wanted her mate. I noticed Daemon splayed I the edge of the bed. I pulled him towards me, suddenly having confidence. He was surprised but nonetheless he didn't argue. I laid my head in his chest. His heart was was what drifted me to sleep.

\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////

Finally I found some motivation!! The comments I saw from the 'Help!' Chapter helped me a lot. I was worried that you guys would t want to read after me not uploading in a while. I really hope you guys like this chapter and sorry for grammatical/spelling mistakes.

P. S. The song is really good.

P. P. S I'm changing the format of this book a little. The plot and everything is the same just I'm going to tidy things up. :))

|Published: 5/6/18|
|unedited|
|Word Count: 947|