Chapter II - Mates and Rivals

Eros Morningstar

Eros Morningstar

I stood in the mirror and stared at the girl. Her hair was curled unlike her natural frizz. He jeans and shirt were now replaced with an elegant dress. Her battered Converse are now cream red bottom Louis Vuitton's. Her once bare face now had makeup on. She looked different but not completely.

"Knock. Knock" I heard my mothers voice say as she peeled her head threw the door. She walked in and smiled at me. She had a black form fitting dress with a lace shall over her shoulder. She came over to me and took my hands. She looked as if she was going to cry.

   "My sweet, sweet Eros" she put her hand on my cheek. "You have grown up to be a beautiful, brave, and smart women. If you go off with your mate today just know I love you dear." She was now crying and oh god I felt the water works.

   "Don't you cry now." She said swiping up her tears. "Eros you're going to ruin your makeup!" She exclaimed but not in rage but in a humorous tone. She sniffles and so did I. We composed ourselves and hugged.

   "Mom, we don't know if I'm going to find a mat tonight. If I do I will come and visit. I'm not going to forget about you. I love you mom." We both looked at me in the mirror, admiring my dress. She smiled before turning me to her.

   "The ball starts in 30 minutes. I'm going to go see your brother. I believe your dad wants to talk to you." I smiled at her and gave her another hug before she walked out and dad came in. He wore a black suit. He had his black hair slicked back and he was well groomed. I smiled at him before hugging him.

   "Now now Eros. I came in here to talk to you. I want you to know that if you go off tonight—which I hope not—" he whispered that last part and I laughed at it "I hope he fight for you as I fought for your mother. I hope he loves and cherishs you so much. And if he doesn't tell me and I'll be over to his pack or your house in a matter of 10 seconds." We both laughed as he carried on the nonsense threats. Moms voice cut off our laughs.

   "It's time." Those words made my stomach hurt and head spin. Here goes nothing.

•••

   I walked to where all the girls were at. They all had on beautiful dresses and had their makeup done. Thankfully, I was the only one with pearls. We all looked around nervously. None of us knew what was going to happen and if we were even going to find our mate. Since the ball this year was Masquerade theme we all had masks. Mine was white and matched my dress.

   I was anxious for the obvious reasons and my wolf was more than anxious. She was holding something and she wasn't gonna tell me.

   "In fifteen minutes we all go out. The boy will be released after us." The head council leader told us. She wore an extravagant emerald green dress. She looked beautiful. She smiled at all the girls before heading out.

   Fifteen minutes later and we are all shuffling in the doorway of the ball room. Chandeliers hung from the ceilings and silverware and flutes of champagne were laid on the white tables. We all stared in awe.

   Another fifteen minutes came and the boys had finally been released. Now tux's and dresses mixed.
I looked through the crowd trying to catch a smell of it. It smelled so good. I quickly followed the scent. It lead to the balcony. I saw a finger standing there, leaning against the railing and not facing me. I could feel it. I could sense it. He was my mate.

   "Mate" The faint words came out of my mouth without thinking. He turned around and smirked. His eyes were the most beautiful. They were almost black like obsidian or onyx. His black, lace mask covered most of face. I saw his plump lips and fluffy brown hair. His markings on his neck and his hands made me think.

   "Only the Ares Family has cluttered markings and many of them would be on the neck, chest and hands and if they are powerful legs."

  My dad was telling me about Markings and how they are sacred and special to a wolf and their pack. The markings represent our pack. My packs marking were lines. My brother and I both have straight lines going down our spines as well as marking on our hands.

   My dad told me about the Ares family aswell. They were known for having ruthless Alphas. Their former Alpha tried to take over our pack about 12 years ago. I was 7 years old. My pack and their packs hate each other. Ares Pack is always causing havoc as the Morningstar Pack causes peace. We are two different packs and we both bud heads.

  "What's my mates little name?" He asked coming closer. I could feel his warmth and I could feel the kind.

   "E-Eros" I whispered. "Huh?" He asked

   I gained my confidence that was drained from me back. I'm not going to stand down to a guy. I lifted my lowered head.

   "Eros. My name is Eros Ramona Morningstar." I said confidently. He smirked more and moved closer. "And who are you mate?"

   "Why, my dear, I'm your enemy." He slyly said. The smirk on his face said a lot. I looked at him confused. He then took off his mask to reveal himself. That smirk that lingered made me queasy.

"Daemon Ares. The Alpha of the Ares Pack." I said.

"Ding. Ding. Ding." His accent was a thick British one. But it was a nice accent. He smiled and came closer to me. "Eros. You are my mate. You will come to my pack. You will carry my children. Mates make you weak and I will not be weak over a little girl." She sneered at me before resuming his old position.

  Those words hurt like hell. I could feel my wolf. She was devastated. He might be taking us but not for the good reasons.

   He didn't want to love me.

   He didn't want me to be his mate.

////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\///\\\\

Chapter II
please:
COMMENT. VOTE. SHARE.
|Unedited|
|Publisher: 1/10/18|
|word Count: 1081|