[ 02 ]

T W O
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T W OTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"I WONDER IF SHE'S already here." Chan told Felix as he walked through the school halls. The shorter Aussie shrugged, "I hope she is. We haven't seen her in so long." He emphasized the last word. If only they knew that Kiyomi had already arrived and was living in the house next to Felix's. Chan nodded, running a hand through his blonde hair before opening the door to the school's dance practice room. "Hyung (older brother), these seven dorks will have to meet her as well." Felix gasped to himself, realizing that she wouldn't just be him and Chan's best friend. And the scene he was looking at wasn't pretty.

Minho was practicing some weird moves while Woojin was swearing at Jisung for using informal speech. But that seemed like Jisung - always wanting a death wish. Changbin seemed the most normal so far, producing some deadly raps in the corner of the room. Seungmin was playing around with Jeongin, the youngest who always came to morning practices and the ones after school. He was in his last year of middle school so soon he could attend all practices. The only person who was missing was Hwang Hyunjin. Chan sighed, opening the blinds and checking if the absent member was hanging around. When he didn't, he turned around and gathered his group up.

"Okay! Let's start our practice. And as per usual, Hyunjin hasn't turned up or is late." Chan announced, fighting to keep his wide smile on his face. Everyone frowned or pouted at the news. It was always like this. Hyunjin sometimes just never showed up.

Recently, Chan, Jisung and Changbin had been working on a song together called 'Miroh'. After recording it, Minho, Felix and Hyunjin had quickly made the choreography, so they had been practicing it with a lot of effort. There was a competition coming up in their school. A talent show if you will. But with 'K-pop' being at its peak right now, I'm not so sure you could call it a talent show. Rather a show of which group will debut?

After thirty minutes passed, Chan had told them to take a break. Dancing in the morning was the quickest way to get warm and sweaty. But it was especially exhausting. Woojin was gulping down his water when he saw a familiar figure come to the door. "Yah! Hwang Hyunjin! Why are you so late?!" The eight boys turned their heads to where Woojin was looking, all expecting an answer. Hyunjin took a step forward into the light of the room, making them gape and gasp.

His cheek was swollen and he had a cut on his top lip. Chan groaned: "Ahh ddo? Ddo?! (Ahh.. again? Again?!)" Hyunjin put his head down, bowling lightly to his members. "I'm sorry. I'll try come tomorrow." He said before leaving the room. A tense atmosphere thickened over the air. Everyone was worried for the guy. At least once a week, he would show up with bruises and cuts. At one point his members thought he was suicidal, but Hyunjin quickly convinced them he wasn't. Now, they thought Hyunjin was doing underground fights or fighting some local students for money. Hyunjin's parents refused to give him a single penny for his dreams of being an idol, so he had to make it himself. They feared that this was the way he was doing it.

They weren't mad it him. They could never be mad. They were just worried for him.

• • •

Hyunjin let a small sigh fly out of his lips when he heard the bell for his first period class ring. Like most school days, he was skipping his classes. He was currently on the rooftop of the school, opening his uniform shirt and lifting up his black undershirt. There was a line of blood on his left rib. A cut. Not deep enough to endanger him but it sure did look painful. With shaky fingers, the male got his blood stained needle that had some string tied to it, sewing it up slightly.

Hyunjin winced at the pain sparking through him, quickly covering the wound with a bandage. But that wasn't all. See those bruises weren't just covering his pretty face Those gross purpleish green splatters littered his chest. The only thing he could do about them was put the medicinal cream he got from a store near his school on it and hope for the best. Hyunjin got the white cream onto his fingers, the chemical smell pungent in the air around him. Slowly he applied it on a majority of his chest, staying clear of the bandage he had just put on. He gently pulled down his shirt and shrugged on his uniform.

The eighteen-year-old took seat on the couch some seniors had put up two years ago. Resting his head on the arm of it, he stared up at the sky. It wasn't blue like it was in spring. It was winter in Seoul and grey skies were becoming a common occurrence. He could only hope it wouldn't rain. Every time it rained, he had to cover any furniture up there in plastic sheets to prevent it from getting wet. Hyunjin closed his eyes lightly, several similar thoughts going through his mind.

He wished his parents supported his dream.

He wished he wouldn't have to appear with wounds.

He wished for a new life.

For all of this to stop.

But he couldn't.

To finds these friends, these brothers that he currently had, would be impossible to find in the next life time and several after that. He had a connection with them. Hyunjin knew it and they did to. But it was hard for him to open up to them. He had already done too much. Sharing fake smiles, telling them that his parents didn't support him and letting his passion to dance and sing show. Part of him hoped that one day he could tell them everything. The truth. But he knew that could never happen.

Wouldn't it of already happened if that was the case?

If it was that easy?