XIII

Heartbreak. No amount of pain and agony could feel so concentrated. It's like a smack in the face, only it leaves you wishing it was pain of the action itself rather than the feeling of it.

The brain accommodates itself into thinking you are physically hurt. The feeling of the wind getting knocked out of your gut, getting so choked up your throat closes in, and the burning furry you feel creeping in all through your chest.

Only for Ethan, it's not.

It's white, a white numbing fire. Rage. Just a needing irk to get up and snap somebody's neck. Break, burn, destroy and any other synonym that can cause harm to anything and everything around him.

For three days, he hoped god or whatever he believed in would send him a message, a signal. A sign that he should keep the boy to himself.

None.

Ethan pitched his hope that his men could for once fail at their duty and not find the address belonging to the boy's family. They found it.

Keeping his high spirts up, the narc tried reproaching the topic once more with the kid. Though when the conversation ended with tears dripping down the youngster's cheeks therefore, he knew it was a dead end.

After the blue devil's conversation was over, a wave of depression over took the once heartless being. Needle after needle prodded his skin, hope against hope that maybe the pain will fade.

Stalling for a whole day, the drugged up lord found himself and his beloved in their routine position; Grayson's head on Ethan's well-built chest, holding onto the older man's wrist since his big thumb was lightly being sucked on by the boy-baby. Ethan's other hand draped around the younger's waist keeping him as close as he possibly could without suffocating him.

On his way to the third blink, Ethan realized the sun was starting to rise, a mixture of oranges and pinks were on the show through the window.

Untangling a sleeping Grayson from his limbs, with slightly wobbly legs, the narc made his way out of the room that seemed to be strangling him with memories of the infatuating boy.

Albeit, they haven't been in that particular room for over two day. Grayson's gladden and enchanting aura seems to seep into everything he touches; the bed, the bathroom, the whole house, Ethan's clothes, Ethan's belongings..Ethan.

Making his way into his study, Ethan willed himself to think about something else, anything else.

And so, the dedicated mastermind did just that. Drowning himself in his work and stresses, his mind drifted off the grief-stricken situation.

Of course not before leaving William a quick message that contained the order of the boy to be taken back to his home. It was done.

~

The afternoon rolled around with Ethan still obtrude in his office. Calling this and that arranging the annual diplomatic dinner with all the other gangs in town to discuss their indifferences.

Such dinners usually were manifested to weigh in on each gang's allies or enemies, claim territories or give some away in the most civil way possible.. at least as civil as world class murderers can get to.

Meanwhile, Grayson was awoken by a knock at the door. Extending his arms to alter the supposedly asleep domineer, nothing but a cold surface of fabric came in contact with his little hands.

Confusedly, Grayson pulled himself up, perching his back on the headboard as he rubbed his eye with his fist. The untouched eye sweeping the extensive and dim room for any signs for the wanted man.

At the realization that the man was nowhere to be found, the younger's heart accelerated. Consummated with negative thoughts, the kid breathed a small "Etin?"

All hopes came down crashing when the only sound that bellowed was the persistent knock on the wooden door.

Grayson had all the right to freak out at that second. In his five weeks of lodging with the gang, we has spent three weeks waking up in the arms of the drug lord every single day.

It was always Grayson waking up Ethan with tiny pecks on either his chest or cheeks, by his muffled giggling when toying with the older man's face, or simply by just poking him cause he was bored.

Ethan was always there.

"Kid, are you in there?" Williams voice came through the door. William was probably Grayson's second favorite person in the house, he was basically the care-taker appointed by Ethan.

Sensing the younger's discomfort when Isaac was around him due to obvious reasons, Ethan put his second most trusted bandit in charge of keeping up with Grayson's needs. The plan worked satisfactorily since William himself had a four year old daughter.

"Y-yes." Grayson squeaked, refusing to leave the comforting scent of the missed man that was absorbed by the duvet.

Pushing the door open, William walked in with a plate full of pancakes drenched in syrup and topped off with whipped cream and a few berries, just how the boy liked them.

Smiling sadly, William handed the boy his food. The bandit's smile quickly dropping as the boy didn't make any move to even begin touching the delicious meal.

As Ethan has already informed him of the separation that will take place,William felt slightly dumb to assume that the attached boy could be well without the presence of his anchor.

Placing the food at the foot of the California king bed, "C'mon kid, ya know you 'otta eat ya food." William tried to cheer up the dull mood surrounding Grayson.

Grayson's eyes merely lingered on the caring man for a second, before quickly removing his nervous glance to continue the hopeless search for his comforter.

"Gwayson need Etin. Get my daddy!" The upset boy's voice rose with every word, expressing his needs in the form of cries.

"H-he's working right now. Busy." William hesitated, eyes never once settling on the expecting juvenile.

"Grayson doesn't make any noises. Take Grayson?" Grayson persisted, voice small in hopes of convincing the now pacing man.

"No Grayson. Eat your food." so Finally deadpanning, the tatted up lad up and left the room, slamming the door in his wake.

This chapter is so uneventful i apologize, but thank you for reading! i love you all! Let me know what you think (:

word count: 1038