III

"Yes Fuzzy, Grayson told momma and dada that I loves them today!" Grayson giggled covering his mouth at his best friend's daftness, as he sat crisscrossed in his play room.

"Yes! Grayson can tells them now again!" He grinned at his teddy bear brightly before picking him up and scurrying downstairs towards his beloved parents.

Though, through the rush of thrill, that delirium that his body went through at the notion of intimating his loving to the two foremost valued people in his eyes.

Feeling his heart bubbling, his inattentive self missed the two last steps and fell face-first across the hard wooden floor.

His lips wobbled as he detected the throbbing as coming from his ankles. Soon a stream of tears followed by sobs erupted by boy who stayed in his former position, not daring to move. His cries, that were muffled by burying his face in Fuzzy's familiar scent, filled the hallway alerting the unsuspecting parents.

"Awe Grayson, baby! What happened?" Lisa squealed as she rushed to his side, Jack following suit.

"Gwayson were running to gives momma and dada kisses and tells they I luff you a-and then Gra-Gwayson was dumb and falls down" he wailed.

Jack gently reached down and scooped up the young teenager, placing gentle, light kisses on his tear stained face.

He walked them over to the kitchen counter, positioning Grayson on top of it. When he tried to smoothly remove Grayson's arms, Grayson only gripped him tighter refusing to let go of the comfort that was provided by his hero.

"My little boy is no dumb boy. I don't want you telling lies alright baby? My boy is the brightest, kindest, and most amazing boy in this world. You hear me, sugar?" Jack lipped softly into Grayson's hair.

Grayson nodded hesitantly, already feeling better after his father's heartened words.

So, there they stood, Grayson hanging onto Jack like a koala, for 30 minutes, give or take. The loving father would occasionally mutter phrases of encouragement to his little baby, while Lisa stared at them, cheeks aching from beaming for such a long time.

This was her life. Their life. She wouldn't have it any other way. She could never picture losing this. She needed this.

When Grayson finally pulled away, eyes, nose and cheeks all a dark crimson, he expeditiously lowered his head. "Grayson is sorry dada, now yours shirt have a wetty" Grayson murmured, eyes casted downward in embarrassment.

"It's alright Graybear. Does it still hurt? Are you feeling better?" Jack's calming voice made Grayson beam from ear to ear, nodding. Jack cupped Grayson's wet cheeks, swiftly wiping them of any tears.

As other topics made way through the family of three, the pain in his ankle soon subsided and forgotten as he was up and running in no time.

-

"Grayson! If you don't wear your sneakers right now I won't buy you that make up you wanted!" Lisa's voice sounded, teasing and calm.

Though, Grayson's untainted brain could never catch up on the tones people around him would throw. His dainty brain always taking every tiddly word and act to heart.

He scurried into his room again, snatching his white Nike shoes that would complement his light blue sweater and the jeans skirt he had wore. The giddy boy wrapped up his look off with his signature cherry lip gloss.

Giggling softly as he heard Fuzzy say "You is look very pretty Gracie!" He thanked his stuffie, twirling around for him one last time, before propping a sloppy kiss to Fuzzy's worn out fur.