Chapter 17 - Invitations

Start from the beginning

"That's also my business."

You grunted. "You're not convincing me."

"I don't care to convince you," he said shrugging. "It's a simple trade. Information on Hoseok's dealings in exchange for your brother. I thought it would be an easy decision. That's your reason for being here, isn't it? Or did you think this was a permanent arrangement?"

You chewed your lip, not answering.

He sighed, shaking his head as he turned to walk away. "What a waste of training time."

"Wait," you said, grabbing his sleeve.

He turned his eyes down at your hand and then looked at you

He turned his eyes down at your hand and then looked at you. He waited.

If you were going to be kicked out eventually, you at least wanted something to go back to.

"What do you want to know?" you asked.

Yoongi's lips pulled to the side in a smirk.

"Tell me about the mission," he said. "All of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone came to the celebration, half of them not knowing why, but appreciating the drinks and food nonetheless. You didn't understand the reason for the celebration either. All you did during the mission was show up and make Namjoon angry.

Hoseok seemed far too happy about that.

There was double the usual amount of deer meat, along with extra rice, and some vegetables that were usually reserved. The alcohol was high quality, bought in from the city thanks to Jin's supply run.

"Our people are still in prison," one of the men next to you muttered. "I'm not sure why we're celebrating at a time like this."

Hoseok plopped down between you and the grumbling man. "Because high spirits make for better strategy. Disheartened slobs are useless to me."

He heartily bit into some meat before shoving the plate at you.

"So what's the plan, then?" the man continued.

Hoseok shook his head dismissively. "We'll get them out. I have my methods."

Yeah, you thought. Me.

The questions was, what did he want you to do, exactly?

The men cheered and drank, becoming more and more unbearable as the night went on. Sometimes they made you laugh, but other times they made you shake your head. You were used to male nonsense from growing up with a younger brother and Namjoon, but this was that feeling multiplied by fifty.

The only person not drinking was Yoongi. He kept to his tea, sipping it between the men's jokes. He smiled and enjoyed himself, but he wasn't as loud or dramatic as the rest of the men.