Chapter 6

I head out of the den and across the stream to where Ash was. I catch her scent on the wind and follow it, letting it lead me back to her camp. Ash was sitting in front of a fire facing away from me. I sneak behind her, and into her camp without her noticing.

"So much for being super powerful and being able to sense things quickly and easily little sis."

Once I'm in the camp, I start walking around the perimeter of their camp, and I like how it's set up. From the entrance the dens are off to the right, and the nursery is to the left, along with the medicine den. If you go straight back, you'll find Ash's den, or the alpha's den.

I stop walking around the perimeter when I get to the med wolf's den. I sniff around near the entrance, and the scent of the med wolf is very faint. She must not have been here for a long time, or maybe she was killed. I can't say for sure, but I get a foreboding feeling towards the medicine den.

I shrug and look over to the nursery. I smell a scent, but it's an odd scent, not a type of wolf scent I've ever smelled before. I decide to investigate further, so I push through the bracken and emerge into the open area of the nursery, and I see a lone wolf laying off to the side at the back, it doesn't seem to be sleeping, but I can clearly see that it's in pain.

I walk over to it, and I see that it is hurt, and its wound is infected, and that the wolf is very young, younger than Mona, and Mona is pretty young. I realize that I'm going to have to blow my cover if I'm to help this wolf. I sigh and lick the little wolf's ear, and retreat out of the nursery, turning around to find Ash staring at me.

"What were you doing in our empty nursery?" She asked me, not mad, but a little annoyed.

"It's not empty sis." I said to her.

Her eyes widen catching the scent of the pup inside.

"Shoot." she heads inside. What's she doing? Before I can head in after her, she comes out. "Her name is Blossom, she's a gray wolf. She got attacked suddenly but was able to get away. . . barely, she wasn't able to see who it was, but it smells like a shadow just turned. . . . She needs dill but we just ran out." Ash told me quickly while sighing.

How was she able to tell that so quickly? That was way to fast. . . .

"I used to be a Med wolf, you probably didn't know that. . . ." Ash said, a dark look crossing her face. I knew the part of the sentence she left out was, or anything else about me. I sigh.

"Ash. . . ." I start, but she shakes her head.

"You did break into our camp and I hope it's not for the reason I think it is. So why did you?" She asked me with a suspicious glance.

"It's simple really. I wanted to check out your camp incase I ever had to come here to bring one of your wolves that I had maybe seen get attacked if they weren't able to come back on their own, especially Mona, she seems tough, but I have no idea how tough she really is, and we don't really have a med wolf, I usually take care of those kinds of things with Bryn when he goes out to fight or defend us from the Shadow Wolves, or when the pups get hurt when they are messing around with each other. So really I just came here as a scout." I pause for a moment wondering if I should ask Ash my next question, and deciding that it can't hurt too much. "You haven't imprinted. . . . Have you?"

Ash suddenly stiffens, as if I hit a sore spot.

"I'm not discussing this with you." She said, turning away and going into her den. "But because you're here you can guard the premises, I need some sleep, it's been a long two days for me, I've been letting everyone else get sleep while I guarded the area."

I smile slightly. "Of course sis."