Chapter 5

"Hey now, I'm not an enemy!" Ash appears from behind a bush on the opposite side of the stream as us. "I'm only here to take you home, Mona. That's enough for today."

Mona had relaxed when she realized that the scent was Ash, but she jumped up again and took on a defensive stance after Ash told her to come home.

"No! I like it here! I want to stay here for a bit longer! And anyways, Ash, you may be the alpha, but you're not my mother!" Mona exclaimed.

"Very well, suit yourself, Mona. You can stay here if you want, I have no rules against staying with other local inhabitants, but just, be careful. After all, you are still in my pack." Ash smiles a small smile for a second and then she turns back to the way she came. "Oh, and, Mona?" Ash turns her head to look at us. "If you do want to come home do so soon, because by the time you get home it will be dark, and you know that's when the Shadow Wolves come out." Ash leaves, and Mona just sits there staring at the spot Ash was in just a few seconds ago.

"You ok?" Bryn asked as he comes up to us with the pups trailing behind him exhausted.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Mona said.

I look to Bryn and nod. "Hey, I'll be right back. Mona, you can have my bed tonight."

"Alright," Mona said, going over to the bed that isn't occupied already and laying down.