The Business Project and Moving In With the Dragneel's

Start from the beginning

A whistle blew and all the boys circled up around the coach before later splitting off to warm up. That's when I put my earbuds in and began my homework for Gildarts and Miss Aries' classes. I began to yawn as I worked, but I shook my head every time my eyes felt droopy. Finally I put my books and paper in my backpack beside me on the bench.

I put my jacket under my head along with one arm. My other arm dangled limply over the edge of the bench and rested on the floor. I tranced patterns on the tile but I soon fell asleep. Then I heard faint voices. "Yo, look it's Blondie," a deep rough voice said.

"Huh, whatcha talking about- ooooh. Natsu!" Another voice called.

"The hell do you want Popsicle?" A grouchy voice snapped.

"Look dude," the second voice replied.

"Shit, what is she doing here? It's like nine!" The grouchy voice, belonging to Natsu, cursed under their breath.

"Sheesh, Fire Breath just take her home with you. No use asking an unconscious girl questions she can't answer right now," the second voice said.

"Yo Gray! Let's go! I have homework to do so let's get out of here!" The first guy yelled from farther in the school.

"See ya Pyro," the second voice called getting quieter. I heard steps coming nearer to me but I couldn't wake up--not that I wanted to either.

"Let's go Mrs. Dragneel, I have to take you home," I hear Natsu say softly. Shuffling noises could be heard indicating that he had shouldered shoulder my bag along with his duffel. Then I'm lifted into warm arms. I feel the colder night air brush over my skin that's exposed. Soon enough we reached the apartments and I heard the click as Natsu unlocked the door. He laid me down on the couch and went to close the door and shower.

That's when I fully woke up. Wendy peeked out of her room. She saw me and smiled. "Are you sleeping over Lucy?" She tilted her head innocently.

I yawn as I nod my head. Then she ducks in her room before racing out, surprising me, and then hands me some folded clothes. "You can wear these tonight, I'm sure Mama won't mind," she dashed back to her room and closed the door. I went to Natsu's bedroom and changed into the tank top and shorts. I am standing by my bag when Natsu walks out of the bathroom, a pair of black basketball shorts on. He was rubbing his pink hair with a towel when he looked up and saw me.

"Hey Luce, you're awake," he walked over to me.

"Yeah, but I'm freezing..." I reach for my jacket but Natsu grabs my arm and pulls me towards his room.

"Here," he held out one of his older plaid long sleeve shirts after rummaging around for it. I quickly slip it on over my freezing arms.

"T-thanks Nat-tsu," I feel my teeth chattering from cold still.

"Here sleep in my bed tonight," he pointed to his bed.

"B-but.." I start to protest.

"Lucy, sleep in the bed," he said a little more firmly.

"Yeah yeah, ok-kay!" I roll my eyes and then dive under his covers. I curl up in the far top corner in attempts to get warm. Natsu leaves the room for a few minutes and I closed my eyes. Then I hear and feel him get on the bed. I'm still shaking slightly despite being covered up.

"Luce," I faintly hear him.

"Lucy," he calls again and I slowly pull out of my drowsy state.

"Lucy, come here," he says more demanding than before. I finally peek at him from under the cover. He takes that opportunity to attack me with tickles, before pulling me close to him. He was very warm and comfy. I began to fall asleep right there in his arms.

• * •

Chapter 3: Cheer Captain Tries To Change The Game - Preview

I woke up tangled in Natsu's arms, no longer cold but quite comfortable actually. I found it hard to get up for school. But I stood up and got off the bed yawning. I heard Natsu get up too.

"Best sleep of my life," I heard him stretching. I turn to look at him.

"How did you manage to stay warm in only those basketball shorts?!" I squeak.

He shrugs, "I am just a really warm person," he grins.

"Oh ha ha very funny. So, when are you planning on telling me our scenario?" I ask folding my arms.

He walks over to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders an whispers in my ear, "I'll tell you on the way to school, I want to see your reaction in the light"

He pulls away grinning like a madman, and I was dying to know, just what was it?!