accepting

I have always Wondered why it is so hard to accept myself.

For most of my life I lived tried to live up to other peoples expectations of me and I still am even after realising it.

I always feel inadequate
I do what I do to make people proud of me, but they are oblivious;

Oblivious to my hardwork,

Oblivious to the pretend mask that i put on

Oblivious enough to believe a make believe person i have become.

They are the reason for my actions yet they don't even bat an eyelash to make sure that i am okay, they don't care that i am losing me as long as they are gaining the me that they want me to be. 

Like a high tide taking over the beach, their words consume me.  Roughly gliding onto the gentle slopes of my mind and making me change the way i otherwise would have chosen to live my life;  that's not all: they consumed my dreams too they made me bottle them up and let go of them into the vast ocean but like a message from the future the bottle always comes back,              back and back again to torture me by reminding me of all the stars that i could have painted.

what then is adequacy?                                                                                                                                                       to merely exist like the world wants me to and even still never measuring  up or to live like i need to, in order for me to be enough for the man who created me and the future me that's being made second by second.