Quick Stop

3rd Person POV

"Clarke I need to tell you something." Lexa stood from the couch and walked towards the balcony, her hands clasped behind her back and her characteristic stoic expression back in place, as if she hadn't just fallen apart in Clarke's arms moments before.

Clarke thought about Lexa's words for a moment, the weight that they held caused her chest to tighten and a sick feeling to form a pit in her stomach. The amount of weight the commander held on her shoulders was evident in her tone and it worried Clarke.

"I'm listening." Clarke felt her throat going dry, her palms sweating against the fabric of her pants. What information did the commander know, what had caused her to fall apart, to crumble in a heap of suppressed emotions.

Clarke knew Lexa, she knew Lexa in a way that no one else did. Clarke could read her stoic expressions, even when she wanted to hide her emotions even from Clarke. Since the day Lexa had pushed her up against the tree she could see so much emotion behind the commanders glazed eyes. So much emotion that suffocated Lexa, she was drowning in it and Clarke knew it.

"At the war council," Lexa drew in a deep breath and turned to face Clarke from the balcony, "I made a decision." Lexa searched Clarke's face desperately, searching for a reassuring sign. A sign she got by Clarke's understanding nod of her head.

"I'm sending a large group of warriors across the Azgeda border," Lexa dropped her gaze to the space between her and Clarke as if not wanting to continue. "It will be very dangerous and will likely cause a war," Lexa brought her gaze back to Clarke's face in an effort to gauge her emotions, "and i'm going."

"Lexa, i'm coming with you." Clarke shot Lexa a look she knew she couldn't resist.

"Clarke" Lexa looked at Clarke sadly, staring into her eyes willing her to understand just how much she meant to her. Wanting her to understand why she couldn't bear to bring Clarke into such dangerous of a situation.

"Lexa, i'm coming." Clarke walked towards Lexa to emphasize her point. "Either I go with you or you stay here with me." Clarke crossed her arms in front of her chest, tilting her head slightly.

"It's dangerous Clarke! I cant let you get hurt! I just cant! You don't understand." Lexa turned away to gather her emotions, to repair her stoic expression.

Clarke reached out quickly grasping Lexa's forearm and turning her back so she was facing her, "Don't do that with me Lexa! Don't turn away so you can hide your emotions and regain your composure! You did that when you were questioning me in TonDC, you do that with Gustus, Indra, and the ambassadors but you will not do that with me now!" Clarke continued to stare into Lexa's eyes, not bothering to attempt to hide the hurt that spread across her features.

"Clarke...I-"

"No Lexa listen! You're Lexa with me, not Heda. You don't have to put that mask up and hide everything that you feel! I deserve to know how you feel Lexa, and so do you." Clarke reached forward and grabbed Lexa's upper arm gently, "I'm going with you to Azgeda."

Lexa took a moment to fully take in Clarke's words. She nodded her head thoughtfully, she knew Clarke was right. She also knew Clarke would not stop trying to convince her to let her go on the trip to Azgeda. "Okay Clarke, you are right." Lexa leaned forward and rested her forehead against Clarke's. "and you can come with me."

Clarke leaned into Lexa and brought her into an embrace, burying her face into Lexa's chest. She pulled away and placed her hands on Lexa's shoulders, rubbing reassuringly. "I'll stay by your side the whole time, safe." She smiled at Lexa, "I promise."