Part 2 Chapter 4: The Flying Machine

Katya found herself secretly crossing through the Metro, M'ya following after her, paws tapping, nails scraping. This part of the metro was abandoned, mostly, though Petras had told her that it could lead to the odd contraption. She didn't know how, but perhaps she would find that out soon. Katya could hear the sounds of squeaks and odd growls as she headed into the supposed,  other "entrance" of this damn machine. They were probably from rats, or perhaps genetically modified tardigrades, as Petras had said from before. There was also the chance that the sounds came from feral dogs; Moscow was full of them, and sometimes she would hear the soldiers complain about them; they considered the dogs to be pests, sometimes. Katya soon pointed her flashlight in the direction on the sounds, only to be met with nothing, as whatever was there possibly fled from the light, lest they be spotted by a potential predator.

Katya shook her head for a moment, her gaze focused on the road ahead, while her mind simply wandered. She thought about the recent past; her time with Petras to be exact.

She thought about the recent past; her time with Petras to be exact.
She found herself walking across one of the many alleyways of Moscow, M'ya following after, along with Petras himself. This was a day ago, to be exact, and they were walking, talking (Or at least Petras was trying to talk, most likely to M'ya since she didn't really say anything) and the like. Well that was before someone bumped into her; it was a boy, a familiar-looking boy. His eyes were blond and heterochromatic, much like the one from her hallucinations a while back. All he said was a "Sorry!" which had revealed a British accent before he ran off. Who was that guy?

Katya shook her head once more.

Another memory soon entered her mind, one from a couple of days ago, rather than one day ago. It was night, the sky dark and gloomy (as usual), but the two of them weren't outside, they were below, in the base-area. They were having some fun, playing some simple games to singing. Katya enjoyed it greatly, she sang some songs, one of which being Kalinka, hell, even 1.0 joined in, meanwhile M'ya was stuck with the other bears. The poor baby.

Katya soon heard M'ya grunt, which allowed her to snap out of her inner thoughts and memories. She then found herself face-to-face with a large, metallic wall of some sort and a hatchlike door. She soon glanced at the bear, then ordering him to stay-put, before she opened the hatch and entered into this odd steel contraption. It was warm and moist as she entered into it, then climbing up some broken steel and into what seemed to be an air duct of some sort. What was this thing? Or to be more correct, where was she? Her gaze furrowed as she began to crawl, her belly scraping against the faintly warm metal. However, it wasn't long before she heard some speaking coming from below, which thus caused Katya to stay silent.

"So when do you think this thing will done?"
"I dunno, maybe a month, give or take. It's getting pretty close to finished, well I think. All we need is some power source or something."

"A power source? Like what? Coal? Uranium?"

"I don't know, my best guess would be uranium, or something else entirely, but once we get this thing running, well, we'll have Europe, as Czar says."

"Hmmph, and I can't wait 'til that happens!"

The two men laugh for a bit, before the room entered into silence once more.

Katya felt a pool of worry to grow inside her, however she couldn't let this worry distract her from the mission. She continued to crawl through the vents for what seemed like an hour; it was dusty, so dusty that you could barely breathe (luckily, Katya wore a gasmask as usual), she wished they would've gotten rid of all this dust, however. Katya let out a few grunts a couple minutes later, before something caught her green gaze: bones. Human bones. Human bones with a ripped military outfit and in its hand was a recording device of some sort. She quickly grabbed it from the bony hands of the skeleton, before then turning it on. She wondered what would be played on it, and if it would be valuable for her task at hand. Soon, a miniature, holographic screen popped up, with a recording of a man, an oddly familiar man.

"Whomever is seeing this, I would like to tell you I'm dead. No way, no how otherwise." The man seemed to be in a mechanical-hall of some sort, he was sneaking around, he panted slightly as well, not to mention he had a slight hint of unusual accent, only able to heard with a trained ear. "The date, 2082...month... November I believe, maybe a late October....I don't remember. My name, well, it is Sergiu, I was not born in Moscow, I am here for my own reasons... to try and stop any more destruction that this fucking war has to offer. I'm actually Romanian, I was forced to enlist after the Soviet Confederation annexed Romania and Moldova. I killed...many people, on both sides. But in Moscow I found a lot of stuff that...seems well unbelievable at first, but it certainly isn't the fact. Firstly, I learnt that the Soviet Confederation was merely a puppet state by the Chinese, later in the month the two plan on merging into one large country or something like that. My memory isn't that good right now." He coughed for a moment, his blue gaze soon glancing behind him before his hand ruffled through his light brown hair. " The other thing, is what I'm in right now. The officers call it 'X001-7' , this machine is large and zeppelin-like, however it is certainly not a zeppelin. It's entirely metal and has these hovering things, much like in the Kitsune Foxtrots made by the Japanese. It has all these rooms, rooms for resting, weapons and the like. Speaking about weapons, this thing has tons of them,  two big guns on the front,  and various bomb doors located on the sides, not to mention all the weapons for the soldiers. However, the guns on the front; they aren't normal guns, they're laser ones. Big, steel-melting laser guns.. I tried to stop this thing, this thing from ever flying again, so far I am successful, I broke various areas in this fucking thing so it wouldn't be able to fly again-" soon gunshots were heard and he screamed out, "Shit! They found me!" various soldiers fired at him before he crawled into an air duct, the video then abruptly ending.

Katya then stood there silently to gather her thoughts on what she just had heard. This... this thing, was dangerous back then, but now... oh now, if Czar managed to get this thing working, oh, Europe would be a piece of cake to take now. Katya had to get this man killed.