Part 2 Chapter 2: Into the Metro

Katya was now dressed in uniform, her mask still on her face as M'ya grumbled faintly. She trudged through the snow; finally she was away from that woman's house and now would be able to continue her mission! The morning was cool and crisp as she neared towards the entrance of the former Russian capital, the Russian girl soon spotted a few cold corpses, head their heads deep into the cold snow. Katya neared them, carefully; their skin was a light blue, and was as stiff as a wooden board, however that wasn't the most noticeable thing about them. It was their wounds. They had large, gaping wounds, with small worms, bodies squirming, fangs tearing, that was now feasting on their bodies. Katya felt sick to her stomach, damn bull worm larvae, disgusting beasts! Katya wanted to shoot them all, all of those filthy monsters, but she knew better; after all she shouldn't waste her ammo on those animals.

      Katya quickly walked past them, passing through broken buildings before spotting a large wall, a wall made from those broken buildings. It was filled with cracks and mismatched bricks, along with metals (which most likely was due to the fact that various, different homes and skyscrapers made up the wall.). Though, the most important thing, or person, about that border would be the guards. Guards that stood beside the entrance and scouted the areas nearby. Guards. Hopefully they wouldn't see through Katya's disguise, as she felt that she'd be doomed to the depths of hell if that did happen, just by the way their weapons looked. It didn't take long for her to arrive right in front of them, her bear whimpering as their eyes scanned her clothed body. Tension could be felt throughout Katya's body, acid of fear being pumped through her veins as they did such.

  Soon, one of the men smiled, "Alexei! You're back! Seems like you also brought back something pretty cool as well! A mutant bear mount as well? The higher-ups will surely be proud!" he then said, arms crossing, voice chucking. Katya simply shrugged in response, not speaking at all. "Anyways, here here, let me get you back inside."  The man then led Katya and her companion into an unnoticeable entrance right beside the wall, the door to it creaking and groaning as it was opened.  Katya and M'ya followed after him, carefully creeping down the stairs, spotting pictures and images of propaganda strewn across its walls.  It didn't take them long for them to arrive in a foreign, yet oddly familiar area. The Metro. The Metro. Why the hell was he leading them here? "Well some new things had happened with this place, we actually got them running, the trains, or well some of 'em for that matter! They still can only go into some parts of the metro, after all, in other parts to this place the rails are still pretty fucked up, melted and that shit, you know?" The man said, putting his hands on his hips while Katya simply nodded in agreement.  "We just found some old generators and hooked them up to the trains, before usin' some leftover oil from the cars, and if they're run down, we could still use some mutant bears we caught, like yours." He continued, before Katya gave a protective glance towards her bear, who was now behind her in slight fear. What a coward he could be at times.

After a few minute wait, the sounds of electronics and metallic parts clanking together good be heard, while, glowing faintly, a light could be spotted as well. It didn't take long for one of these decrepit metro trains to arrive, sure they were fixed, but the trains still were covered in red rust and broken windows. They didn't seem to fix them very well so it seemed. Soon the doors to the metro-train opened and Katya (along with the now fearful M'ya following after her) entered into it, the sounds of muffled voices could be heard in the background, possibly of where they were headed to next. N-Next to R-eeed 4^2 1.0, glitched as it spoke, damn A.I. what was wrong with it this time? Many, many minutes passed, the loud sounds of clanking and ticking could be heard across all he compartments of the train while  the outside was consumed by pure darkness. Even Katya's mind was filled with the darkness, unable to think and unwilling to speak at that very moment.

After what felt like hours upon hours, the train finally stopped at its destination, light flowing into the shattered windows once more. The doors soon opened, as they always did so it seemed,as it allowed them to exit from the rickety and rusty train. Katya's mind soon had awoken from the darkness and gloom that had once consumed it from before, as her green gaze scanned her surroundings. There were two stairs leading out to the overworld as a couple of people entered or left, not to mention, she could hear voices coming from outside. Rather muffled voices. Katya slowly meandered towards one of the stairs, then stepping upwards as her boots tapped the stone floor below. The voices became louder and louder, until she had arrived at the faded red bricks of a once popular sight. The Red Square. The buildings were torn and partially destroyed, their colors had faded into grey versions of what they once were, now looking more like broken vases than delectable candy.  However, to the south, on one of the more famous of the buildings ( the old Saint Basil's Cathedral, whose pointed, domed tips were cracked and open) , on one of the now-gone domes, there was a man. A man surrounded by two mutated boars, all-seeing hogs, called such due to their multiple mutated eyes that dotted across their bodies. The man, wore old Soviet clothes, covered with metals and sharp edges as an ushanka hat covered his head, along with a red scarf covering his face.