thirty seven | BLACKGATE ESCAPE

ngl my childhood was the magic roundabout. 2 updates in a motherfuckin rowwwww.

AHH THERE'S A FUCKING SPIDER IN MY ROOM FUCKCKCKCKCCK EW EW EW EWWWWW

sorry just looked up and saw the lil fucker on my wall 😂

TRIGGERS: miscarriage.

➰➰➰➰

ISABELLA CURLED UP BESIDE LEE, a blanket over the both of them as they gazed over at the TV.

The girl's hand was rested over her step-mother's pregnant stomach.

"Am I going to have a baby sister or brother?" She asked after a while, and Lee realised that she had long ago given up on watching The Magic Roundabout.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, honey. What do you think they're gonna be?"

The girl pondered over her question, before suddenly nuzzling her face into Lee's stomach, which was still covered up by the blanket.

"I don't mind. I still love them," she said with a muffled voice. "I heard them moving!"

Lee laughed, probably for the first time in a while, "Let me get up to grab some more popcorn, okay?"

Isabella moved away, allowing the woman to stand. She ruffled Bella's hair lightly, but paused her movements towards the kitchen when she heard her speak.

"Lee... You don't think Daddy left because of me?"

Lee turned to see Isabella's eyes watering up. Almost in an instant, she was standing in front of her, her arms around her.

"No, no of course not. He didn't want to leave, you know that. He... just wants to keep you safe. He loves you and your sibling more than anything else in the whole wide world. And he always will."

"Bu-But he didn't reply to my letter... I put a-a fairy sticker on it fo-for him. For good luck," the girl cried, breaking Lee's heart once again. "He pr-promised me he wouldn't leave me like Mommy did... like Auntie Nora did..."

"He didn't, Isabella look at me," the woman held the girl's cheeks in her hands, turning her face so that Lee could look into her large green eyes. "Your father will come back to us. And we'll all be together again."

"A-And what about Mommy? I miss her..."

Lee gulped. The last time she had seen Barbara awake... she had tried to murder her in a church, while also attempting to marry Jim. It ended with her being put into a coma, without Bella's knowledge.

"Of course... we'll all be together. That's what matters."

"Do you promise?"

Lee swallowed a ball of uncertainty, forcing a smile, "I promise."

She wiped away Bella's tears, before standing up again, and facing away from the girl.

"Lee?" She called out once more, causing the woman to turn again. "Th-There's red down your legs..."

Lee looked down, hiking up her dress a bit, when she gasped at the blood.