eleven | NEW FRIENDS & FOES

VICTOR ZSASZ GRINNED, looking over the scared faces in the G.C.P.D.

"So where's Jim at?" He asked, knowing for certain that he would get an answer.

Isabella watched in horror as the officer turned their heads in the direction of Sarah Essen's office, where she could see two silhouettes. One of them was a woman, and the other resembled her father.

"Thank you," Zsasz told them, pleased that they were obedient.

While everyone was distracted, Isabella bolted to hide under a desk, where no one was sat. For some reason, she was absolutely terrified of the young bald man.

"Hey, Jim! Jim," he called out tauntingly, and when Jim did step out to face him, he waved goofily. "Hi, Jim. Relax. I'm supposed to take you in alive. Don Falcone wants to talk."

"Tell Falcone we'll talk, but only when Fish Mooney gives me back my daughter."

Isabella wanted to shout out that she was right there, but something held her back. She knew that her father was in danger, and if she brought attention to herself she would be too. Of course, she would do anything to help Jim, but he would do anything to help her as well. If Zsasz grabbed her, Jim would have no choice but to surrender.

"Don't be that way," Zsasz growled, clenching his fists. "Alive is a very broad category. A man with no hands can still be alive."

The little girl held her hands over her mouth, stifling a sob.

"There are fifty cops in here. Try something."

"Everybody out," Victor ordered, his gaze steady on Jim. "Please!"

When he yelled, Isabella looked on as officer after officer passed her, leaving the G.C.P.D building.

She sneakily peeked around the desk, as Jim talked to Sarah Essen, who was still standing beside him. She hesitantly left too.

"Well, how now, Jim?" Zsasz smirked.

Isabella yelped in fright at a gunshot suddenly erupting, more following after it.

After a few seconds, she heard her father's pained grunt, as he was shot.

"N-No!" She squealed, standing up from her spot. Unfortunately, Jim didn't notice her, and ran out of the building. Victor Zsasz did though.

One of the Zsaszettes grabbed her by her ginger hair, pointing a gun in her face emotionlessly. She began to cry, but Zsasz quickly pried her away from the woman, kneeling down in front of her.

His hands were on her arms, his grip a little too tight for her liking, as she squirmed.

"Stop moving, sweetheart. What are you doing here?" He scolded, getting angry that she had not listened to what he told her. It had barely been two minutes and she was already inside.

"You're mean! You shot my daddy! Let me go!" She screamed, struggling ferociously as he blinked at her in shock.

"You're Jimbo's kid? Well, it really is a small world, isn't it?"