Band Practice- Edited

I move my hands in a trangle formation, keeping up the beat. The percussion is playing to loud. The saxophones are not keeping the beat. The flutes' feet are off beat. The tubas aren't playing in tone. Half the clarinets aren't playing. The trombones has there horns pointed to the ground. The French horns for once are playing in the right notes. The baritones are over blowing. And the trumpets won't even watch where they are going.

Overall, not a pretty picture. A wreck even. They are starting to piss me off. Our contest is in a month amd they aren't even trying. I know it's hot, bit they can at least pretend they want to be here!

I stop conducting. The band stops and starts talking, pissing me off even more. They think just because the band director isn't here they can goof off.

"Hey band!" I yell out.

"Hey what!" They yell back after they realize I want their attention.

"What is the matter today? Do you think you don't have to do anythinh 'cause Mr. Muller isn't here? If you want to be great then pay attention!" I yell out. "Now reset!"

They run to the beginning of the opener. Holding my hands up for them to set, they do so quickly. Counting off I begin to conduct again.

They move to the first set, into a trangle. And hold. It wasn't perfect, but that can be fixed. They play for 16 counts, before moving into 3 squares that are stacked on each other. Before they could move again the alarm goes off. They sigh happily, before running off to the band hall.

Sighing I get off the podium. I walk off the practice field, by the football practice. They are still practicing. Getting to the band hall. I open the door, they are talking and goofing off again, but the room is clean. I stand on the podium gaining their attention.

"Today wasn't good. I'm disappointed in you. I have never seen so much disrespect to the band. Go home. I know that's what you want. But Muller will hear of this." They run out of the room, after I'm finished. I walk out too.

Getting to my green camaro. I drive home to my foster parents. They're never home so I have the house to myself. Parking I get out and walk to the house. Unlocking the door, I go up to my room.

Going to the bathroom I look in the mirror. My black shoulder length hair with my green tips makes my blue eyes stand out. My pink lips has snake bites under them, the piercings making my lips look full. I'm lean with outline of muscles. I stand at 5'7

I step away from the mirror. Getting undressed I shower. Getting out I lay on my bed. Looking around my room it's nothing much. My instruments are neatly against the wall. Band posters of Set it Off, Of Mice and Men, Sleeping with Sirens bands like that cover my white walls. The closet amd bathroom door has a treble clef and bass clef drawings all over it. I'm such a band geek.

I pull the blankets up turning onto my side, I close my eyes falling asleep.