“Can he be healed?” I asked.

“Yes, but do it after the fight. We need him like this now,” replied Derrick.

I nodded at him, watching as Zeus recovered from his hit. Once again he was face to face with us, but he looked confused. He was staring at the mad lightning prince.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked Thor.

“Everything, nothing, something,” replied Thor.

His eyes widened and he charged at Zeus. Zeus growled with annoyance. He thrust his hand forward and lighting shot from it, hitting Thor square on. He went flying backwards, landing in the dirt and didn’t get back up.

A roar of pain drew our attention. The Shape Shifter had managed to escape from Reflamen’s clutches. He beat the dragon back with his tail before changing into a man again. He whipped his whip at Reflamen’s throat. The dragon blocked with his wings, and jumped back.

I cold feeling washed over me and I looked back at Derrick. He was making his way towards the fight.

“Derrick?” I said.

He looked back at me, “I’ll take care of this, but I’m not going to do the same thing as I did with Thor.”

He suddenly took to the air. Wings spread from the shadow trail below him and he gripped something in front of him. It took me a moment to realise that it was Shadowrang. The two had somehow become one again.

They flew towards the fight, and charged in. The two imagineres were shrouded with darkness. A flap of wings was heard and my dragon flew from within the darkness, bursting out with a sigh of relief. He flew down and landed beside me without a word.

The scream started then. It started of as a deep scream, like a deep voiced man that got a fright. It started getting louder, and louder, until it turned into an unbearable pitch. Reflamen growled, covering his head with his wings. I used imagination to block out the sound.

Eventually the scream broke, and there was silence. The shadow began to come back together until Derrick and Shadowrang stood in its place. They were back to there normal forms now. Derrick fell against his dragon; his skin looked like it was pulsing with darkness.  

Shadowrang didn’t look much better. His scales had lost their dark splendour, and one or two dropped off. His wings were dangling by his side and his tail was drooped lazily along the ground.

“No!” the voice pieced the silence like a dagger through skin.

We all turned towards the voice to see Zeus, staggering backwards. Fear was clearly etched into his features. His pale skin was whiter then it usually was. His hands were trembling and the wind around us had all but gone.

“What are you?” he said, staring at Derrick and his dragon.

‘I’m thinking the same thing,’ said Reflamen.

Derrick smiled grimly as he replied, “Your worst nightmare.”

“No… no, it’s not supposed to end like this. It’s not!” He looked around, trying to find a way to escape.

His eyes landed on me, and he smiled. He stood up straighter and some colour returned to his skin.

“You and me, Derrick,” he said, “You and me. One on one. No distractions, no interference. Or are you scared.”

Reflamen growled as he realised what Zeus was saying. He knew he couldn’t win this war, but he wanted to take me with him.

‘Don’t do it,’ said Reflamen.

“Come on Derrick. If you all defeat me now you will never know if you were better Imaginere.”

‘Derrick.’

I looked up at my dragon, then back at Zeus. I took a step forward. A smirk covered Zeus’s face.

“Don’t interfere,” I looked at Derrick and Reflamen.

‘Don’t do this,” growled my dragon.

“Sorry Reflamen,” I said out loud, “But it’s something I need to do.”

I looked back at Zeus, and let my flame blades burst into existence. Zeus smiled and let his own two swords burst forth in reply. We charged.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! New chapter! I hope you enjoyed. Vote if you did. Please comment on this chapter, I would really like some feed back. It was an... interesting part to write. Anyway, I'm guessing about two more chapters to go to the finish! See Ya!

Pennator^^