Chapter 2: Another Adventure

Reflamen came to a landed in the park right outside our house. The grass had long since warn away and now there was a dirt patch that Reflamen always landed on. I slid off his back and made my way to the front door. 

I knocked and after a few seconds it opened to reveal Rena, my mum. She smiled at me.

"Hey," she said, "How was your flight?"

I smiled at her, "It was fun, and relaxing, except we did get attacked."

"Really?" she said, "By what?"

"A hydra," I said.

"A hydra, that's new, when did you think that one up?" said  my mum in a joking manor.

"I didn't," I said, "I never imagined a hydra."

Rena frowned, "Then how...?"

"I don't know, that's what I'm trying to find out," I said, "I'm just going to the other world, I'll be back before dinner, hopefully."

With that I put out my hand and a portal suddenly appeared. I walked through... and into a large open building. The roof was gigantic, reaching into the sky and the clouds. It was also made of glass so that light poored through the opening. The floor was a series of paths leading through a beautiful garden, filled with trees and flowers. I smiled, this was a wonderful place. 

I started to walk through the garden and towards a door at the other end of the room. I reached it and opened it, walking inside. I was met with a long corridor with doors on either side. I continued to walk through then opened a door to the left, which entered another large hall. 

At the end was two double doors. They were covered in gold and had interesting paterns swirling around them. I walked up to the doors and opened them, revealing a large room, with a table stretching the length of it. At the far end was a throne. 

Someone was sitting on the throne, looking through a pile of papers. A large purple dragon sat next to him, she was sleeping but when I opened the door she raised her head. The man on the throne looked up to, and smiled.

"Derrick!" he said, "Good to see you."

I smiled, "Good to see you to Rogan."

Rogan put the papers on the table and leaned back in his chair. He looked a lot different from two years ago. He now wore golden clothes with a cape at the back, and he had a crown fitted onto his head. He had a nicely trimmed beard that looked like it was oiled. His face was devoid of any scars or hard ships and he looked softer, more friendly.

"So, what brings you here?" he said, "We weren't expecting you until the weekend."

"Nothing much," I said, "I just came here to tell you that something weird happened today."

"Weird?" said Rogan, "What? Weird for you or for the people around you?"

"Weird for me," I said, "I got attacked, by a hydra, if you know what that is."

Rogan shook his head.

"A hydra is a dragon with eight heads, part of greek mythology. They usely don't have wings, but some do, and they can breath fire," I said, "Anyway, the strange thing was, I didn't imagine it, it just came out of nowhere."

Rogan raised his eyebrow, "This reminds me of the time when things didn't go to plan with the timeline of our story. I have been thinking about it, for a long time now, more then you know."

I shrugged, I hardly ever thought about it, although I saw it as strange, everything turned out well in the end. 

"So," I said.