Chapter 31: A Piece of Cake

I sat down on my bed with a sigh. It had been three days since that huge battle, three days, and nothing happened. A few were beginning to wonder if Zeus was going to attack at all. I didn’t, what I knew about Zeus was he was planning the perfect form of attack; something he was sure would succeed.

For the past few days I had been stressing and trying my best not to go out and attack him myself. Reflamen was out hunting down the last few Hydras. He had said that in the week I had been away he had been destroying huge waves of the eight-headed creatures. Some had survived, and were now terrorising the local countryside.

I swished my finger through the air, creating a silver streak in the air. It stayed there for a few seconds, and I studied the design. The exact way it looked and how it moved I already knew, but it was still utterly amazing.

The silver streak wriggled through the air, following my finger. Eventually I closed my hand into a fist and the streak disappeared. The boredom wasn’t helping my control.

I got up from my bed and walked outside. The others were at school and my mother and father were at work, so the house was all mine.

There was a soft wind coming from the south, but it didn’t carry any magic or imagination in it. There were soft clouds floating in the sky, and they didn’t hold any rain.  Everything was peaceful.

‘Maybe Zeus is actually respecting the fact that I won and is holding back like he said he would,’ I thought, but instantly discarded it.

I put out my hand and a comfortable chair appeared out of thin air.  I sat down, and closed my eyes, enjoying the fresh air. Imagination rocked. It didn’t take long for me to fall to sleep.

There was a huge gust of wind, and I woke up instantly. I smiled as Reflamen landed near where I was sitting.

‘How’d you go?’ I asked.

Reflamen shrugged slightly, ‘Alright, but I don’t think I got all of them.’

‘It would be hard to,’ I replied.

‘You look up and ready to go,’ said Reflamen with slight sarcasm.

‘It’s been so boring around here,’ I said, ‘I which I could come with you on your missions.’

‘Me to,’ replied Reflamen, ‘But you know what Rogan said.’

‘Yes, yes I do,’ I said.

I lay back in the chair. Rogan had sent out scouts to find any unusual activity around the world. I had told him I could have done that myself, but he insisted, so I relented and he told me I should stay put, just in case I needed him.

There was another gust of wind and I opened one eye to be greeted with the beautiful form of Lilly. Smiling I slid of my chair and went over to meet the yellow dragon.