My character would flip out of the way of a lighting bolt before making the ground underneath crumble below Zeus. He would hover in mid air and spikes would come flying out of the ground. My character would react by jumping and creating a fire shield below him, incinerating the few spikes that would reach him, then they would resort to melee. A strike here, a block here, a close ranged spell then an explosion and they would be back to ranged attacks.

The two dragons behind the battling duo were fighting only as dragons could, but at a much faster speed. They were a blur; the only thing my vision could see was a blur as they attacked each other in the sky. Occasionally a blast of pure red fire would be seen followed by an explosion larger then ten C4s. More blurry movement then followed it and a crash as one of the two dragons, I couldn’t tell which, was thrown to the ground.

My character did a neat trick I had just made up and Zeus’s sword was flung from his hand. The lighting king flipped backwards. He put out his hand and a staff made from pure lighting formed. My character answered the move by attaching his two flame swords together, creating his own flaming staff. The two crashed together again, causing a small explosion. It forced them back almost ten metres from the other. They were about to attack when something none of us could see happening, did happen.

Zeus found himself at the wrong end of Mjolnir. The lighting king went flying back nearly a hundred metres before crashing into the ground, sliding another ten. In his place stood Thor, his robes swirling around him and dark lighting crackling over his well-placed hammer.

I was so shocked by this that my conscious returned to my normal body, and I opened my eyes.

“Thor?” I said, surprised.

He flinched and spun around to face me. For the second time he shocked me. There was something different about him. His eyes were to wild, and his body was shaking as if he had seen something out of his own worst nightmare. He body radiated a slight dark aura and the lightning swirling around his hammer was different.

“Don’t worry about him,” a hollow voice echoed.

Glancing back I came face to face with a being of shadow. It’s eyes glowing purple and dark tendrils swirling around it. It tilted its head towards me.

“Derrick?” I questioned.

The shadow being nodded, looking at Thor, “He won’t turn against us. Trust me.”

“Are you alright?” I asked, not quite getting hold of what was happening to him.

The shadow stared grimly, “No. I feel sick. I never knew I could do that.”

He looked towards Thor, who seemed to be babbling uncontrollably. He looked towards the dragons in the air, and disappeared again. Soon enough the dragon who was the Shape Shifter found himself on the ground. Reflamen took the advantage and slammed him against the ground.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked.

“He has come face to face with his worst nightmare, and things a thousand times worse,” replied the shadow, again with a sour voice, “Its sick how such a powerful individual, a fearless individual could be brought so low.”