27

"Of course, you didn't. I know you still love your ex-husband."

You couldn't say anything. Taeyong also let go of your wrist. If I had say that I like him, what would he think about it? I was divorced to Jimin not long ago. He might think I'm too easy. You thought, suddenly hesitated to tell him about your feelings.

"What's wrong, Y/n? You look like you want to say something." Taeyong asked. As always, he's sharp.

"Nothing." You dodged his question. It's better to wait a little longer. Now is not the right time, you concluded.

The two of you returned to normal talks and Taeyong kept babbling about how the curvy woman named Yuri was being desperate after he said he lost interest in her. He looked happy while talking about her, which made you uncomfortable.

Hold up. I'm not his girlfriend. I shouldn't act like this. You thought, frowning to yourself. Taeyong saw your expression changed all of a sudden and he giggled. He finds entertainment in your spontaneous expressions.

"Hey, Y/n. Can I check out your room?" Taeyong asked.

You nodded, not really paying attention to his query. But once the question replayed in your mind, your eyes went wide. "What?! Wait — no, I mean — I — uh, yeah... sure." You stammered on words.

"Haha! You're so adorable!" Taeyong laughed, his sweet voice made your cheeks flushed red. His hand unexpectedly reached your head and he ruffled your hair into a mess.

Shit. I let my guard down. You felt your heart almost leapt from the sudden touch. The contagious laughter of his just made it worse and his adorable grin almost made you faint. P — please stop. My heart can't handle this!

"S — stop that, idiot!" You said, flustered. You accidentally yanked his hand away from your head roughly. Taeyong was taken aback by your action.

"Sorry. I'll keep it in mind that you don't like me touching you." He covered up his sadness with a big smile on his face, clamping his hands together.

You felt your heart shattered apart when you were misunderstood by Taeyong. No! It's not that I hate it! I was just so nervous and I didn't know what to do! You shouted inside but was unable to say it out loud. Meanwhile, the misunderstanding in Taeyong's head kept getting bigger.

"A — anyway, let's go." You said nervously, while standing up.

Taeyong stared at you in confusion. "Go? Where?" He asked.

You frowned at him. "You said you wanted to go into my room. I mean, it's fine with me if you changed your mind." You said. You couldn't look into his eyes while talking.

"Right! I forgot. And there's no way I'll change my mind." Taeyong chirped enthusiastically while hopping off his bed. He grinned at you but you looked away, feeling dizzy from the heat on your cheeks and your rapid heartbeat.

You trudged quickly, not wanting to walk near him. Taeyong was walking behind you, following you to your room which was next to his. You felt his stares drilling holes into your back and you were getting very anxious.

When the two of you reached your room, he was still walking behind you. It made your anxiety multiplied. I'd rather if he walks beside me now, you thought. Unconsciously, you brought him to your bedroom. You discontinued your steps abruptly but it was too late.

"Wow, your room is so nice!" Taeyong was already inspecting your whole bedroom. You couldn't ask him to leave either because it would seemed unnatural.

He was walking near your desk and he saw the drawer that was wide open in plain sight. It was the drawer that you had opened to search for your bracelet. You forgot to close the drawer.

Taeyong saw a dead watch in the drawer and his brows raised in amusement. He grabbed the dead watch and stared at it. You saw him picking it up and you gasped loudly.

"Wait, that's —" You couldn't continue your words.

"This watch is dead. Why do you still keep it?" Taeyong asked. You couldn't answer him and stayed silent but Taeyong was sharp as always. "Is it from your ex-husband?" He asked.

You looked down to your feet, you sealed your lips, forming a thin line. "Yeah..." You answered after a few moments.

"I see." Taeyong uttered with a hint of disappointment lingering in his voice. "It must be hard to get rid of your feelings for him." Taeyong said before placing the watch in the drawer again.

Wait, no! That's not the reason why I still keep it! You thought. Taeyong's misunderstandings had double folded. You didn't want him to get the wrong idea again so you mustered up courage to clarify yourself.

"Taeyong, that's not why I keep it." You clarified but in such a quiet voice from nervousness. Taeyong didn't hear what you said and he was distracted by other stuffs in your room.

He saw the calendar on your desk and suddenly grabbed it. You stared at him, wondering what he was trying to do. He snatched a marker from the desk and scrawled something on the calendar. You were curious so you walked closer to take a better look.

"What did you..?" You took a peek at the calendar and saw that he had circled the date; 1st of July on your calendar. You furrowed your brows, perplexed.

Taeyong saw your confused face and his grin grew wider. "It's my birthday. Don't forget." He exclaimed, lightly hitting your head with the marker pen.

Wait. What does he mean by that? Does he expects something from me?