17

"So, you married him because of that stupid lie?" Taeyong asked after you had told him the truth behind your marriage. It was the first time you have ever told it to someone. You couldn't believe that his response was exactly like Jimin's.

"But now it's kind of different. I think... I'm starting to like him and also the misunderstanding from three years ago — I think if we clear it up, I'm sure we can be like before." You said with hope brimming again.

"Can you, Y/N? Can you really?" Taeyong suddenly asked you, making you hesitate for a moment. But he didn't looked like he wanted to make you feel unsure. It seems, he was trying to warn you.

"Of course, we can." You uttered.

"How can you be so sure of that? His feelings might've already change for good. People change over time, Y/N. I'm not trying to bring you down. I am just trying to prevent the worst scenario that could happen to you." Taeyong explained.

You suddenly felt unsure after that. He was right, those things happened three years ago. He could've already changed. Maybe his feelings aren't the same anymore. But when you remembered how kind Jimin can be sometimes, you had hope again.

"We also can't be sure of that. I have to try first." You said with positivity.

Taeyong heaved a sigh before nodding. "Suit yourself, I guess."

You only shot him a small smile before hailing a cab on the road. You got inside the cab and looked out the window, where Taeyong was leaning his back against a street pole.

"Good night, Taeyong." You said.

"Yeah, you too." Taeyong beamed at you.

After the cab left, Taeyong's smile slowly faltered and for the second time, he sighed. Little did he know that Jungkook was there, hiding in the shadow and he had witnessed the conversation between you and Taeyong.

"Wow. That was one heated conversation." Jungkook cooed as he stepped out of the dark. His hands were in his jacket as he walked towards Taeyong.

"Eavesdropping is bad." Taeyong said, with a smirk.

"Cut the crap. You fell for Y/N didn't you? I can understand though. She always say something that just makes us feel grateful for our shitty existence." Jungkook said which made Taeyong's smirk grew wider.

"Maybe? I'm not sure yet. But one thing for sure is that, I don't like that husband of hers." Taeyong said. "That guy might be playing around with her."

"Oooh... I've never seen you caring for another woman like that besides Yuri." Jungkook teased Taeyong and he just rolled his eyes.

"I'm over that curvy woman." Taeyong said, a mischievous smirk curled up his lips. "Right now, I just can't stop thinking about the woman who thinks I deserve someone wonderful."

•••

"A-choo!" You suddenly sneezed. Probably because it was freezing cold outside. You were just standing by the doorstep, contemplating whether you should open the door or not.

"Ugh, whatever." You finally mustered up courage to open the door. You saw that no one was inside. The house was dark and you didn't see any signs of Jimin nor that maid.

Great, this is my perfect chance! You thought before stealthily placing your feet on the wooden floor. You didn't want to make a sound as it might be heard by Jimin. You sneaked in like a thief on toes. Just when you thought you were in the safe zone, the lights suddenly turned on, scaring the crap out of you.

"I knew you were trying to sneak in like a thief." Jimin popped up from behind you. You immediately ran across the hall, putting a great distance between the two of you.

"I wasn't! And I'm not mad at all about earlier! If that's what you think." You blurted out before your mind could even process. A stiff, unnatural smile was pasted on your sweating face.

"I know." Jimin said, a forlorn look on his face. "And I'm sorry for not explaining earlier. I just couldn't explain because it would seem like an excuse in that sort of situation." Jimin explained while scratching his head.

You felt your anger and anxiety washed away when you realized that Jimin just find it hard to explain himself because of the situation. A smile fell on your face and you thought that it was maybe the right moment to talk about the breakup three years ago.

"Um, Jimin —"

Suddenly, someone knocked the front door, making Jimin turned his body around. You gritted your teeth, cursing at whoever just interrupted. I'm going to kill whoever just knock on that fucking door! You thought before stomping towards the front door.

You harshly swung the door open and your ugly scowling face immediately vanished when you saw the maid standing on your doorstep. She was also crying. Wait, what?

The maid looked up, sobbing and she looked straight at Jimin as if you didn't exist.

"M —mr Park, help me..."

W — what the hell is wrong with this bitch? You thought.