Feferi x sea dweller!reader

Y/n P.O.V

     You stared out into the ocean from the beach. You'd been sitting in the sand for a while. You had been dumped by your moirail earlier that evening. You were devastated at first, but now you were just numb.

        Their reason for dumping you was simply, 'they felt pale for someone else.' You suspected that was just their nice way of telling you that you sucked, and found someone better. You couldn't blame them though. I mean, who would want to be with a sea dweller like you?

       That's right, no one.

    Now that your quadrants were officially empty, you didn't really have anything to do. You could 'try' to pester one of your friends. You pulled out your palmhusk, no one was online. You could cross that one off the list then.

         You look at the time on the bright screen. It was still pretty late, so you'd be fine for a while. You hug your legs and stare out into the ocean and sigh. You'd have to go back to your hive eventually, but looking out at sea calmed you a lot. You didn't realize you had been crying until the cold wind hit your face.

      'Dumb moirails, who even needs them? right?'

You sobbed into your knees loudly. You barely even noticed when a small troll sat next to you and rubbed your back gently. You looked up to see no one but Feferi next to you.

     "Are you okay? W)(at )(appened?" She asked, a hint of sympathy in her usually cheery voice.

     "I'm fine," You managed to get out. "They just....They dumped me....!" You cried and hugged Feferi tightly, she hugged back.

      "W)(o did? Your Moirail?" You nodded as [B/C] (blood color) tears ran down your face. "O)( [Y/N] I'm so sorry, t)(at must be )(orribubble!"

She apologized for making a pun at a time like this, but you didn't really care. You weren't crying as much, but Feferi's shirt was still going to need to be washed after this.

        "I'm..I'm sorry about your shirt..." You mumbled into said piece of clothing.

        "Don't worry aboat it, it's reely okay." She grabbed your shoulders lightly and pulled you away from her chest to look at you. "I promise it's fin. -Er, fine, sorry." You giggled at her correcting herself, by now you had stopped crying, though tears marks were still left on your face.

"W)(at's so funny?" She smiled at you. You giggled even more before replying.

       "Did you not notice all the fish puns you made before? Or was that one just exceptionally bad?" She giggled too before puffing up her cheeks as she spoke in a fake deep voice.

      "W)(ale I t)(oug)(t they were brill-iant." She crossed her arms and turned away from you, fake pouting the whole time. You laughed louder, at this point you didn't remember what you were so sad about earlier.

     Feferi broke into a fit of giggles with you. You smiled brightly and spoke up. "Thank you Feferi," She stopped her giggles to listen. "I appreciate it a lot." You hugged her again, she hugged back then replied.

      "Your welclam, cod t)(at was terribubble...." You giggled again quietly.

      "'Reely', thank you. I needed this." You snickered silently as your pun, Feferi just seemed so proud though.

         "My cod! T)(at was adorable."

       "Don't you mean 'adorabubble?' " You corrected her, hoping to impress her with another pun.

      "You're -Excelling at t)(ese making these puns."

     "Reely!?"

     "Yea)(."

       You fell back into the sand, staring at the stars, you patted the spot next to you, trying to get Feferi over. "Come on, lay down with me." She giggled and complied, laying down. You stretch your legs out and stare at the stars, looking for constellations. You pointed up at a group of stars. "Hey, it's a Pisces!" You shouted out.

      "You s)(ore get -Excited over stars, don't you?" She smiled even though you didn't see it. You just nodded and continued to point out other constellations you saw.

     After a while of star gazing, it started to get a little brighter. "It's getting lig)(t out, do you want to come over to my )(ive for a little?-" Feferi suggested, you happily agreed, and soon enough you both ran into the ocean, then swam towards Feferi's hive.

        Once you two got there, Feferi opened the door, letting you in. She had quite a nice place, you haven't really been in it before though.

      "Your hive is super cool." Your hair swirled around you as you turned to her.

      "It's reely not)(ing muc)(, but t)(ank you!"

    You nod then followed her to what you assumed was her respiteblock. You guess was proved correct as you stepped in the room.

      "You can )(ave a seat anyw)(ere." Feferi sat on the carpet and you took a seat next to her.

      "So, what do you wanna talk about?" You tilt your head to the side a bit.

       "W)(ale, we don't )(ave to if you don't want to... But, could you tell me )(ow you guys broke up?" Your face darkened a bit, but went back to being cheery a few seconds later.

        "Sure, I need to get it off my chest anyway," Feferi leaned forward to show she was listening. "It was really sudden, earlier today they just, kinda said they were pale for someone else, then broke it off. That was really it, they didn't even say who they were pale for, they just up and left." The whole time your voice was breaking, more towards the end though.

     "T)(at's )(orrible! W)(at a bad way to break it off, no -Explanation at all?" You shook your head slowly.

     Later that night, after many jokes, questions, and puns, Feferi had went to her hunger trunk to get something. She came back with something behind her back.

       "What are you hiding?" You try to look around her to see, but she only moves away.

      "Close your —Eyes!" You shake your head and close them, you just wanna know what she has.

        "Now drink t)(is!" She sounded excited as she handed you a bottle, you shrugged and took a gulp of it, you realized it to be red pop faygo. You opened to eyes to see Feferi had a bottle too. "It's so muc)( sugar, and it's reely good, come on, drink some more!" She took a few sips of her bottle and you took some aswell.

     About an hour or two later, both of you were on sugar-high. You both laughed at unfunny jokes that made no sense, to be honest you laughed at a lot of things. Feferi had switched from sitting up to laying her head in your lap, giggling every time you made a bad pun or joke. Both of the empty faygo bottles had been deserted and forgotten on the floor, a few feet away from you both.

      "[Y/N], [Y/N], I )(ave to tell you somet)(ing important." She giggled at her words.

      "What is it?" You giggled back. Your times with Feferi had always been full of giggles, but now it was for no reason.

    "So like, I reely, reely like, feel red for someone. )(ow do I tell t)(em?" She stumbled over some of her words while giggling.

      "Just like, tell them, maybe use a fish pun, I like fish puns a lot, who doesn't?" You leaned back a little.

       "Okay t)(en," She sat up and turned to you. "Are you Swedis)(?" You tilt your head to the side. 'what? How random'

     "No? Why?"

      "Because your t)(e sweetest fis)( in t)(e sea!" She giggled then hugged you. It took you a couple seconds to realize what she said, when you did, you blushed a dark shade of [B/C]. You hugged her.

      "Does that mean what I think it does?" You hear her mumble a 'yep', before you pull her out of the hug. She looks confused. But before she can say anything, you leaned in and....

You kissed her.