• • 7 • •

Elijah waited restlessly as Freya searched for Alex, he paced up and down the hallway as he restrained himself from biting his nails, an hour quickly passed which felt like days, five hours nearly passed when suddenly something happened, instead of finding the specific location of the leaves, Alex's location popped up, Elijah could feel his heart drop as it showed the Amazonian jungle, something must have happened.

"Elijah, go now!" Freya demands if something had happened to her, he at least needed to have a moment to himself to say goodbye, nearly two hours passed until he reached the jungle and made his way towards the waterfall, he heard growling as he neared the waterfall until he was attacked by a group of jaguars, he quickly discarded them before freezing in his spot, there she laid against a large tree trunk, blood had leaked from her eyes and she stared lifelessly at him.

"Have mercy..." Elijah mutters as he approaches her, he crouches down in front of her and carefully pushed some hair out her face, he could hear footsteps from jaguars approaching, he placed his hands over her eyes and closed them. "My dear little, Alexandra." He looks over his shoulder at the group jaguars surrounding them, they had stopped to watch the scene, Elijah immediately knew that some sort of dark force was controlling them otherwise they would have attacked long ago and ripped her body to shreds. "Demon?" He could see them slightly lowering their heads, almost answering him in a way, his phone suddenly begins to vibrate, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. "Niklaus."

"Have you found her?" Klaus asks, Elijah removed his hand from her eyes, a strong pain settled in his heart. "Elijah?" Elijah takes in a deep breath, his eyes became glossy.

"She appears to not have made it, brother," Elijah says. "But I cannot say for sure, she's being guarded."

"Guarded?" Klaus asks. "By what, what's guarding her?"

"You would not believe me when I tell you," Elijah says as he moves to sit down next to her, his eyes fall on the jaguars still surrounding them. "Jaguars."

"Jaguars?" Klaus asks.

"They have surrounded her, I was attacked when I neared her location," Elijah says. "I find it strange, and they react to the word demon, I can only assume they're being controlled."

"Will you be able to get out?" Klaus asks.

"I'm not sure, but I will try," Elijah says. "But I will try and get us out of here, we might arrive in three hours if I do happen to succeed."

"Do let us know if you need back-up, we will be awaiting your arrival," Klaus says, the call ends and Elijah placed his phone back into his blazer.

"Would you allow me to leave with her?" Elijah mutters as he stared at the jaguars, he saw a path slowly form as they moved out the way, he quickly stood to his feet and carefully picked Alex up, he looks around him before speeding away with Alex in his arms.

•••

"Kol and Davina should be here shortly," Klaus says as he approaches everyone, Elijah was the only one absent from the family room, he was waiting in his bedroom for Alex to awake, he strongly believed that she was not dead. "They don't know that she's dead."

"Brother, do not that say, I'm sure that she's not dead," Rebekah says. "It should not be possible."

"I wish I could agree with your sister, but nobody can survive something as dark and evil as the Hallow," Klaus says. "You saw her when Elijah returned with her, lifeless, blood covered her face, dirt coated her clothes."

"There is still hope, brother," Rebekah says. "Just give it a few hours, maybe days."

•••

Kol had stormed towards Elijah's room as soon as he was informed that she was not responding, Davina quickly followed behind him to see if she could offer any help, but once they saw her pale skin, they stopped in the doorway and stared in shock, Elijah hadn't bothered to look at them as he stood in the corner of his room staring at her, hoping for any movement from her.

"Bloody hell," Kol mutters before storming away, Davina couldn't feel any energy coming from her and feared that she wouldn't wake up, she quickly leaves the room hoping to catch up to Kol, Elijah's eyes slowly wandered over her lifeless body until he stopped at her hand, his head tilts to the side as he saw them moving, he speeds towards the bed, sitting down on the edge of it as he took hold of her hand.

"Alex." Elijah softly says hoping to get a response, he could see her eyes moving rapidly behind her eyelids. "Alexandra?" The room quickly filled as they heard Elijah talking, he hadn't spoken much since he had arrived back at the abattoir with Alex in his arms, he felt his hand being squeezed by hers, the bones cracking underneath her strength, but he didn't mind. "Alex?" Her mouth falls open as she sucks in a deep breath while sitting up on the bed with lighting speed, her eyes open revealing her bright blue slowly fading. "Hey, lay down, lay down." Elijah quickly pushed her to lay back down, her eyes fall on him as everybody sighed in relief.

"Where am I?" Alex whispers, her voice completely gone.

"New Orleans, in the abattoir," Elijah says, Alex looks towards everyone as they stared at her.

"It's dead."