• • 6 • •

73 days had passed since Alex practically disappeared from the planet, no witch could find her and no werewolf sense of smell was strong enough to pick her scent up, Elijah had spent day and night searching for her, trying to find a trace of her somewhere.

"She couldn't have just disappeared." Elijah hisses out as yet again nothing was found, he was becoming frustrated, having no idea that Alex had momentarily become insane. "She couldn't have just vanished."

"Maybe she's on another planet?" Marcel suggests. "Can she be on another planet?" He looks around the room, his eyes falling on Vincent.

"I don't know, it could be possible," Vincent answers him, Elijah picks up the whiskey glass and takes a sip from it.

"I doubt she would flee the planet unless the thought she was a danger to it," Elijah says as he placed the empty whiskey glass down on the table in front of him. "When I saw her that morning before she left, she appeared to be fine, what would have gone wrong?" Klaus walks into abattoir after meeting with Caroline outside New Orleans.

"The night I saw her she seemed lost," Klaus says. "Empty of emotion, yet when she looked at me for the final time, she seemed scared." Klaus picks up the whiskey bottle and a glass for himself. "Her words rattled me, the only time when somebody says goodbye... Well, we all know what will happen."

"Niklaus, she is not dead, I can assure you that she is much stronger than that, a silly little spirit won't be the death of her," Elijah says becoming enraged by his brother's words. "She is immortal and I have full faith that she will return to us unscathed." He would never admit it out loud, but he was scared that Alex would not return to them, he feared that the worst had already happened and she was no longer alive. "She will return to us."

"Have you considered that if she does come back, about the damaged that the hallow would have created inside her mind," Vincent asks. "She could be a completely different person if she does come back, Elijah." Hayley walks into the abattoir with Jackson behind her.

"Nothing will happen to her," Elijah growls out. "She will be fine." Deciding he needed time to himself, he walked past Hayley and Jackson as he left the abattoir.

"He needs to listen." Marcel begins.

•••

The clock struck midnight as Elijah stood in the kitchen, the place where he last saw Alex, everyone was asleep while he worried about Alex's well-being, he rubs his face as the lack of sleep crept up on him, a rusting nose caused him to look up only to find a note falling down onto the counter along with a stick covered with green leaves, he speeds towards the counter and grabbed the note before it could touch the counter, he unfolds it letting his eyes roam over the words written on it, not really paying attention until he reached the bottom, as he averted his eyes to the top of the paper he could see teardrops staining the piece of paper.

"Dear Elijah,

I'm in so much pain as I sit underneath the large tree with this stupid pen and notebook trying to find the right words to write down, I've done so much wrong in the past 75 days, I've threatened and slaughtered after becoming insane, but no need to worry, I've grown too weak to cause more harm to anyone... the end is near, I can feel it... it's almost over.

I'm constantly cold, there is no warmth anymore, no sun hot enough could heat my freezing skin, as you can tell while reading this, my hands are shaking... not because I'm cold, but because I am scared, I'm close to looking death in her face and possible go with her to who knows where... the fear is eating at me.

I should've spoken to you that morning, I should've listened to you as you tried to apologize to me, I regret it now, I'm so alone, so cold, so scared, I wish I could give you my location, but the risk, the danger... I'd rather not take you with me, so this is my final goodbye to you

Once the inevitable happens and I perish from this world, my body will be easily found, a beacon will pop up... I don't wish for a funeral, burn me, toss my ashes at the place you find most beautiful.

I miss and love you

-Alex"

"FREYA!" Elijah roars out, waking the entire household and possible the entire block, he picks up the leaf-covered stick and sped upstairs. "FREYA!" Klaus was the first to meet Elijah in the hallway.

"What is going on??" Klaus asks as Rebekah appeared in front of them.

"Why the bloody hell are screaming?" Rebekah asks as she glared at her older brother.

"I need to talk to Freya," Elijah says as he brushes past them. "Alex sent a note along with this stick, I'm hoping Freya can trace it." He held the note and stick up, letting Rebekah and Klaus look at it, Freya steps out from her room, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Why am I being summoned?" Freya asks, Elijah extended his arm out to her with the note and stick. "What's this?"

"Alex just sent them, I'm hoping you can trace it, try and figure out where she is," Elijah says, Freya took everything from him and stepped back into her room with her siblings following behind her.

"I doubt I'd be able to trace the note, but maybe this," Freya says as she placed the stick on her table, she gives Elijah the note back.

"What does the note say?" Rebekah asks, concerned laced in her tone.

"She was saying goodbye." Elijah mumbles, Rebekah took the note from his grasp and read over it, Klaus hovered over her shoulder and read the note as well. "I'm not letting her die alone, you must find her." His eyes darted around the room as worry starts to set in, his hands clasp in front of him as he begins fiddling with his ring.

"I will try my absolute best, brother," Freya says as she begins preparing everything.

"I will let Kol know that we might have something," Rebekah says as she begins leaving the room.

•••

The green jungle surrounded Alex as she leaned against a tree, she shivered as her skin felt frozen and the cold water droplets falling from the sky wasn't helping, a storm had formed and it was pouring down, but the thick trees blocked most of it, her eyes were on the waterfall watching as the water splashed, animals had started to approach her, but strangely the jaguars had taken guard around her, she didn't know if it was to protect their meal or if it had something to do with her demon and angel, at least she wasn't completely alone as her skin started warmth up until it felt like she was on fire and burning from the inside, she clenched her fists as the only thing she could and focus on was the pain flowing through her.