• • 4 • •

"Are you okay?" Hayley breaks the silence between herself and Alex, Alex glanced at Hayley and faintly smiled at her. "I mean with what happened with..."

"I'm all right, Hayley," Alex says. "I saw him with another woman before I left." Hayley nods her head, her brows furrowing as a slight frown formed on her face.

"Is that why you decided to leave? Because you saw him with someone else?" Hayley asks, Alex lets out a sigh as she nods her head. "Oh."

"I felt suffocated in the city, so I needed to leave, I felt like I had to leave," Alex says, Hayley bites her bottom as she thought for a moment. "But I kind of knew it had to happen, he was happy with her hone I saw him, and now... now just knowing that that woman was related to the bitch that hates hybrids, I don't know... I'm pissed."

"I can understand why," Hayley says. "Your resistance is extremely strong, to watch the person you love be with somebody else... I don't know I'd be able to accept it." Alex glanced down at the book in her hands, checking if she had everything she needed.

"Who am I to deny happiness?" Alex asks. "Besides, she didn't realize her mother was... ugh, let's just not talk about it." Alex closed the book and placed it down on the bed. "So uh, are you ready?" Hayley lays flat on the bed and nods her head.

"It's now or never," Hayley says, Alex extends her arms and lets her hands hover above Hayley's body.

"It's gonna burn and hurt," Alex says, Hayley nods her head.

"Just do it," Hayley says and squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the burning pain. "Wait..." Alex moved her gaze to Hayley's face as she opened her eyes. "Are you gonna leave after this?" Alex licks her lips as she thought about her answer.

"I will be sticking around for a week, just until I'm sure that there aren't any side effects from your side, then I will be making my way back to Las Vegas," Alex says, Hayley nods her head.

"We miss you here, you know," Hayley says. "Ok-AAHH!"

•••

Alex exits the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hands, the strong scent of the coffee filled her nostrils as she made her way up the stairs, she walks past Freya's room but stops once she heard two voices talking in a hushed tone, she slowly moved closer to the door, trying not to alert Freya and Hope as she eavesdrops in on their conversation.

"It's dangerous, Hope," Freya whispered. "A lot of people could get seriously injured or even die."

"I know, but I really don't want dad to leave, he just got back from wherever he was." Hope whispers back, Freya lets out a defeated sigh.

"It's hard, it was a big sacrifice," Freya whispers. "This is a huge risk."

"It'll be worth it." Hope whispers back, Alex's brows furrowed as a frown forms on her face.

"Your father isn't going to like this, not even to talk about your mother," Freya whispers.

"I just want us to be a family again, so will you help me or not?" Hope asks. "Because I will pull the Hallow from them either way." Alex storms into the room, the coffee in her cup spilling over as she pushed the door open, anger flowing through her veins as she clenched her other hand.

"You will not be doing anything, especially if it involves the damn Hallow," Alex growls out, scaring both Freya and Hope, they turn towards Alex, eyes wide as they stare at her.