Chapter 7

I opened my eyes and looked over to the other side of the never ending California king bed to see Justin, still asleep and as still as ever. I quietly pushed the white comforter off of me and got out of the bed as silent as a mouse and went into the closet and grabbed my clothes. I went downstairs and took a shower because I didn't want to wake up Justin. I was slightly angry with him ever since my conversation with Lynne yesterday and I didn't know how to bring anything up to him. I took a quick ten minute shower and threw my clothes before I left out the door to Reed's house. I called Reed last night before I went to bed and asked him if he wanted to meet up. I just needed to get everything off my mind and think and Reed helped me through a lot and, it especially helped getting an outside opinion of the whole situation. I sat down on the edge of the couch and slipped my boots on only to feel a pair of hands slide onto my shoulders. "What are you getting ready for babe?" Justin's voice said. I finished pulling my boot up and hesitated.

"I'm going to see Lynne." I said stuttering the whole way through. I closed my eyes in hope he believed my white lie. I hated lying to him but I know he would question me more if I told him to truth. How was I suppose to tell him that I was going to find out what he's been doing these past four months.

"When are you going to be back?" Justin said walking around the couch and sitting next to me.

"I don't know, soon." I said back to him as I stood up and pulled my pants up a little farther. Justin flicked his head up as a nod.

"Are you leaving now?" Justin said sounding disappointed.

"Yeah." I said with a slight nod back to him.

"Okay." Justin said standing up and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Be back soon?" He said grabbing my hand and smiling at me. I nodded and made my way out the door. The pit of my stomach suddenly felt a rush of guilt and I almost went back and stayed with him but I didn't. I have to figure this out, Lynne is right, this doesn't make sense. I drove to Reed's house where I was greeted by his mom with a tight hug and led up to his room where he surprised me with a chai latte from dutch bros.

"Thanks, Reed you shouldn't have." I said with a smile before plopping onto his bed.

"Yes I should have, you have been upset and I knew it would make the situation a little better." Reed said sitting down next to me. "What up?" He asked looking down at me. I raised my eyebrows and made a face.

"Do you know what Justin has been doing these past four months?" I asked him. Reed sighed and hesitated before saying something.

"I've- heard some things." He said starting and stopping himself but then continuing on. I groaned and covered my face into my hands. I took a long pause before talking again.

"I don't know what to think anymore." I told Reed.

"Why don't you just talk to him?"

"What? I can't ask him. He would have told me if he wanted me to know."

"Well, maybe that's all there is to know. Maybe he told you everything." Reed said with a positive attitude. I gave him a look of idiocy and he shrugged at me. "I'm sorry, do you need me to do something for you?" He asked me as I took a sip of my drink.

"Ice cream would be good." I said. Reed smiled and dragged me to his car so he could drive me to my favorite little ice cream parlor. It was on the other side of town and was never busy. "Maybe I should just talk to him," I said to Reed in the car, "or maybe he hasn't done anything wrong? I don't know. I just love him so much but I can feel us drifting apart by the second and I cant stop it." I said to Reed and he listened. I ranted on as we ordered the ice cream, and ate the ice cream. I thought of more things to say as I scooped up any ice cream left in the bowl. My thoughts were taken away when the door bell rang, another customer. "Reed, I just don't understand. If hes telling the truth then why is he acting so weird? Wouldn't you think-"