Shot to Reality

The villains kept attacking relentlessly, of course, Shoto managed to at least fight them off while Mei tried to get ahold of her powers which seemed to be in vain. 

Shoto stopped fighting and glanced at Mei "Mei, how are your powers?" he then felt closer to her and gently moved to put his hand on her shoulder "how's your shoulder too?"

Mei shook her head "Not good" and then shook it once more "Bad." 

Shoto frowned at her wishing he could help "Here, let me help you." he then lifted her up bridal style making sure not to touch her shoulder though. 

Mei was surprised by his actions, as seen by the look of surprise that was evident on her features. "S-Shoto!" 

"Relax it's okay," he reassured her. 

"N-No it's not..!" Mei trembled. 

Shoto sighed at Mei's attitude and patted her head gently, stroking it and that's when a loud shout was heard from behind Shoto:

"YOU BASTARD, HALF N HALF!" 

Shoto grew annoyed. Maybe that was what Mei meant, Katsuki Bakugou. It was always him, Katsuki this Katsuki that, it sickened Shoto to an unimaginable level. 

As light as day, Katsuki was evident as he didn't like seeing them together, so much that he went in between them and snatched Mei from Shoto before he could even have the time to register the action. 

Immediately Katsuki sent a worried look to Mei who smiled back at him in reply, then a look to Shoto as if saying 'back-off'. 

Shoto sent a glare too, towards the ash-blonde while he was now in his exact previous position, the only changes were that Mei looked comfortable and was even smiling towards the blonde not showing any signs of distrust or hostility in her smile.

"Let's go round up with the others" Mei suggested, still gazing up at Katsuki. 

"Yeah, let's get this over with," Shoto mumbled coldly, barely audible to the couple. 

Once they arrived where the majority of the class was the group found out their main objective: Kidnap Mei.

That very thought alone irked the class very much that the villains would so as much think of doing something as cruel as kidnapping a mere teen. 

Mei was angry too knowing fully why they would do this, she wasn't oblivious to their intentions. They knew what big potential was in store for her future. Nobody needed to be told that Mei wasn't only going to be a hero. 

She inherited many, many, many things. 

It was no joke that no one would be intrigued but that large amount. 

Mei suddenly feeling that it was all her fault for leading everyone to their doom wanted to stand up and help but Katsuki was having none of that. Tightening his hold on Mei securing her and preventing her from doing anything stupid. 

Mildly surprised, Mei looked up at Katsuki to see him glaring competitively at the villains "We won't abandon one of our own so easily, so if you think you could just waltz in here with your army your wrong." 

"As a staff member of UA, we obligated to protect and ensure the safety of the students." Sensei Aizawa said very seriously stepping in front of Mei and Katsumi, shielding them from the villain's eye. 

Just behind them, the whole class stepped forward ready to fight too, causing Mei to tear up at them. 

"Mina... everyone." Mei sobbed while trying to prevent more tears from spilling onto Katsuki. 

"Oi quit crying already!" Katsuki shouted rather harshly. But Deku knew that Katsuki didn't want to see Mei cry if it were anyone else he wouldn't give a damn. 

"O-OK!" Mei said stopping herself even harder. Deku smiled at them. They were an odd couple, but they were a match 

 And just on time, All Might arrived. "EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT, WHY? BECAUSE I AM NOW HERE!" 

"Wealth can make a person, or destroy a person." 

-  Avatar-by-some-game-I-played