Battle Trial

"S-Shoto...?" Mei gasped as the boy was in behind her. Her hands were visibly shaking at this point and her lips trembled slightly, her heels started to wobble at her uneasiness. Her hand moved slowly, touching Shoto's hand which was on top of her trembling shoulder. When their hands met it felt warm, not because of their quirk but also something else, before Mei could lift her head and stare into his eyes, Shoto grabbed her hand in a tight grip making her squeak a little and led her into the back of the class unnoticed by anyone.

At the very back of the room Shoto still had a clear grip on Mei's hand while the girl was trying to balance herself after being dragged halfway across the room. Millions of questions were running through her head, but before she could open her mouth Shoto beat her to it. "I want to talk." he said monotonously, one hand at his side while the other held onto the girl's hand. Mei blinked twice, her eyes were wide as visible tears became present on her face. "I understand it's been a while, but I need to tell you.." it was silent between them now, Shoto had squeezed her hands showing her how he felt, his eyes reflected his regret and sadness. Mei could tell, she's seen that look before. ".I-I'm Sorry"

In return she squeezed her friend's hand in reassurance "Shoto.. you don't need to. I know how sad it must've been for you, even though I don't know what happened-" Mei said soothingly, her eyes were fixed onto their interlocked hands, slowly she looked up and gasped inaudibly as she saw his burned scar on his face. "Shoto, what happened to you!" she said in concern as her hand reached up to touched it, but Shoto backed away from her his hand covering his scar from her.

"This is part of it." was all he said "Goodbye, Mei. That is all I wish to say to you." he walked away from her while Mei stood there stunned. She couldn't hold back her emotions as she sprung herself onto Shoto's back from behind into a warm embrace making him stop midway before turning his head back to look at her.

"No, NO. I don't want you to leave me again." Mei cried gripping his back tightly. Shoto's eyes softened as he started stroking her head in a comforting manner as she hiccuped a few times. Shoto seemed calmed in this situation despite not knowing how to deal with emotional people, but Mei hadn't changed one bit in his eyes. Still the caring type he once knew. Although her body had gone through changes of puberty, nonetheless it made her look more beautiful in his eyes. "I just wanted to know if your still my friend."

Shoto's heart stopped for a moment as he processed that sentence from her. Mei thought.. that they were no longer friends. His eyes then glanced at Mei, had his absence really affected this much? He didn't know he had an impact of her, for all he knew she had made a bigger impact than he thought to him. His hands took in Mei's hands as they felt each other's warmth. "We are friends."

"Then is that what we are now.." Mei asked looking down at their hands with a distant look. Shoto also looked at their hands, he was deep in thought about that matter. He had thought about it long ago, but somehow couldn't bring himself to tell her, not when someone else had caught her eye.

Taking a deep breath Shoto locked eyes with as their hands were still connected. "The truth is Mei, I want to be-" unfortunately for the bi-colored haired boy he was cut off by a loud announcement from their teacher.

"BAKUGOU! NO! YOU'LL KILL HIM!" All Might shouted, making Mei convert her attention back to the screen and let go of their hands in the process. On the screen it showed Bakugou releasing a huge explosion aimed at Izuku. Mei ran to the front of the classroom again leaving Shoto behind standing alone looking at the hands she once held.

"Sensei! Is this even aloud!?" she yelled at the teacher in anger "Someone could get hurt or worse.. Die!"

The teacher was getting nervous at the angry teen "Bakugou! Use that strike again and I'll stop this fight!" All Might warned. Bakugou then grunted in displeasure before attacking Izuku head on using hand to hand combat punching and hurting Izuku mercilessly.