9

" hi " he said as I Opened the door enough for him to enter. 

" Hey " I replied

I made my way inside , him following me and further entering the bedroom .

" So are you okay after everything that happened last night ?" He asked

" I - I don't know really , it was a lot " I truthfully replied

" Have you talked to Shelby ?" He asked

" Nope , I'm not planning on until I figure something out , I don't want to end my friendship with her because of - c - her confrontation " I replied , not thinking it wise to tell about how I feel about Camila in the whole situation considering they're friends. 

" I get it " and silence follows on

" So like are you planning on staying in today ?" He asked

" Of course not , Shawn you asked me to spend my Christmas with you and I am going to , like I think it would be better to stay out than in anyway " I replied , taking out the dress from the wardrobe that i am planning on wearing. 

" Are you sure , I don't want to force y- " I cut him off

" Yes I'm sure , I want to besides you know I've never spent a nice family Christmas because of my fucked up parents. I want to with my complete heart " I spoke frowning .

" I will make sure nothing disappoints you " he said sweetly without even Realising his ex here is the biggest disappointment. 

I smile at him Assuring that I believe , he takes some steps closer to me and without any further actions , we embrace each other in a hug

" Uh and by the way merry Christmas " I spoke in the hug. 

" Finally you remembered.  You too " he said and even though I couldn't see him , I knew he was smiling.

This simple act of intimacy meant so much more to me than he could feel and than I could tell. 

We separate , followed by me pushing Shawn out of the room to allow me to get ready. 

I finally put on my blue floral dress I bought , wearing the minimal nude makeup , wearing the watch I check I myself again in the mirror. 

The Taylor I see is no where similar to the Taylor that was before everything ,before my fucked parents truth,  before Shelby's confrontation , before Camila's Intention , before Shawn . She would much rather wear a comfortable hoodie and jeans with sneakers and stay in rather than wearing a dress and stepping out to spend the day with her's crush's family.  But I feel as though it was time to allow myself to come out of that shelf .

I finally step out of the room with my phone , coat and wallet in one hand and the gifts in other.

I make my way towards the door to wear my boots . I keep the stuff on the couch and finally putting them on.

" God you took forever to get ready" he taunted as he entered the living room .

" Stop complaining " I argued . He finally takes a look at me , checking me out from the bottom to top. And that's when I notice that's he's wearing a black shirt alongwith a mustard cotrise jacket and black jeans and lookin absolutely amazing.

" Are you not wearing a coat ?" He asked all of sudden , I point at the coat on the couch .

I finally pick up all the stuff along with gifts and my essentials. 

" I honestly don't like when you come and pick me up just for going over to your place " I said as we walked down the stairs. 

" Alright , then you would not like me to pick you up if I ask you out on a date ?" He said frowning.