“Actually, dad let me walk her out,” Davison nodded before giving me a smile and leaving the room.

This really delayed his meeting.

“Well let’s go,” Richard walked quickly in front of me which led to me having to run after him. When we got to the reception, I thought he would leave but he followed me out.

I could see my Dad’s car still parked in front of the building and I couldn’t help but smile. It felt like a life time without my dad. I turned to face
Richard only to see a glare on his face.

“Now listen Miranda. There is no such thing as Saturday morning. When you get the email from my dad, I want you to decline the building tour. You are not working for me. Not now. Not ever. Got it,” I stared at him in shock as he gave me a very cold stare.

I was so shocked that I didn’t notice that my dad had got out of the car.

“What is going on?” he asked as he
came and stood next me.

Richard offered my dad a hand which he shook fiercely, “I was just telling Miranda that she has to be careful in this area. A young girl like herself was attacked weeks ago because she apparently did the 'wrong thing'. I
don’t want that to happen to Miranda, so I was giving her some safety tips.”

My dad frowned as he looked at me, “Wow I thought this was a very good area.”

“So, did I sir. So, did I,” Richard gave us a big smile before turning away and walking back into the building.

“Seems like a nice man. Come on Miranda! Get in the car,” we both got into the car and dad drove back
home.

*

“So how did the interview go?” Mum asked me as she took a seat next to me on the balcony. “Your dad said you wouldn’t talk about it.”

“He is right,” I answered lamely.

“You can always tell your mum what happened,” I let out a sigh before she started to take wild guesses.

“The interviewer was a creep?”

“No.”

“You said something cringy?”

“No.”

“You farted?”

“Mum!”

“The interviewer farted?”

“Stop!”

“Someone was rude?”

“No! Wait yes.”

“Someone was rude? Who?”

I didn’t want to tell my mum the full story because I knew she wouldn’t let me go back and I had plans of going back.

No threat was going to stop me.

Unless it kills me.

“I bumped into someone when leaving the building and they insulted me.”

“What did the person say?”

I just said the first thing that came into my head.

“The person asked me what my parents were thinking when they had me?”

“WHAT? Just because you bumped into them?” Mum asked with a frown. She wasn’t buying it but unfortunately she had no choice.

“Yes. It’s kind of put me in a bad mood which is why I am sitting out here.”

“I am sorry about that. I just thought something worse happened.” Mum gave me a purple small box.

“What is it?” I asked with a smile.

“It’s a present for you!” I opened the box and inside was a tampon. I stared at mum angrily as she
laughed.

“Your emotional because your time of month is coming soon. Its good to prepare early!”

With that said mum left me sitting outside with a tampon in my hand.
I wasn’t emotionally for nothing.

I always had a reason.

Thank you for reading guys. Will let you know when a new chapter is out so stick around.