Chapter Twenty One

Dedicated to Hannah Davis who is helping me keep patient as I wait for my Hogwarts letter which is five years late.

----------------------------------------------

'No, hell to the no. Avery stop being ridiculous, she is going back to the base.' Fidelia argued.

'She's okay, she just freaked out. She needs to do this, it's important to her.' Avery argued back.

'Guys, I'm right here.' I held my hands up in frustration. They had been arguing even before I had woken up, which had been ten minutes prior. So yes, I may have freaked out, but Avery was right. I needed to do this.

'It's not safe for her to be here.' Fidelia continued, completely ignoring me. She stepped closer to Avery, and even though he was a full head taller, he still bowed down slightly in submission. I didn't blame him, when Fidelia wanted something. She got it.

But not, today.

Luckily Wyatt and Karoline had joined forces to form the four groups, considering that Avery was too busy shouting at Fidelia.

'Hey guys,' I trotted over to rest of my team. They were all in a circle, surrounding Karoline who started to read out the list. She stepped to the outside and draped her arm over my shoulder.

'I'm glad you made it out of there.' She whispered, and pointed slyly to Fidelia and Avery, who were still fighting.

'Me too, what's the plan?' I smiled at the rest of the group.

'Okay, so we teamed up the people that could fill in the others' weaknesses.' Karoline started to explain. 'Because the team doesn't easily split into four, the team that is going to go for the clue that is furthest and most difficult to obtain has the one person left over. So there are three teams of three, and one team of four.'

'You're in a group with Avery and me.' Wyatt filled in with a grin.

'Of course.' I laughed. I felt awful thinking so, but I was glad that I wasn't with Fidelia or Kermit. I would tread carefully around Kermit, and wouldn't do my best, and Fidelia would tread carefully around me and undermine my abilities (not that I had any.)

Finally Avery and Fidelia stopped bickering and made their way to us. Avery went over to Wyatt and read the sheet of paper with the groups on it. His eyebrows furrowed slightly before a bright smile stretched onto his face. He patted Wyatt on the shoulder and draped his arm around Karoline's shoulder, a gesture that made me bristle with jealousy though I had no idea why.

'Good job guys, these teams are perfect.' He praised. Wyatt's face glowed happily, and he looked up at Avery like he was his world.

Mentor Peter walked up to us with a devilish grin on his face.

'Oh no.' I heard Wyatt mutter.

'You have five minutes to make your way into the maze.' Mentor Peter announced.

'Isn't there a door?' Diego asked incredulously.

'No.' Mentor Peter said sharply before turning on his heel and stalking off to the Mentors' tent.

'This is when we need someone who can fly.' Fidelia huffed.

'That's levitation, and Winona has it. She's on the other team though.' Kip looked down. I smiled at Kip. He was a year younger than me, and hung out with Max and Rufus and Winona, who were all on the other team. He had jet black hair, and piercing blue eyes. He had a scar that ran down his face from his temple to his jaw. He didn't know how he got it; he only knew that he acquired it before he arrived at the base when he was three. Fidelia reckoned that he was abused before he arrived.