Chapter Seven

'I'm hungry, I think I might go get some breakfast and then catch up with Fidelia and Kermit.' I told Avery.

'She's probably going to be worried about you.' He stated.

'I know.' I said raking my hands through my hair. 'What should I say?' I was asking for his permission to tell him about last night. Fidelia is my best friend and I wanted to tell her, but I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do.

'Oh, umm... Tell her you started burning up and I took you to the Mentors and they put you in Med Room overnight. She can't ask them, and even if she does they can't tell her.' Avery said, sort of like he had been thinking about it too.

'Okay.' I agreed. I was about to walk out the door when Avery stopped me.

'You can't wear that.' He said, looking down at his nightshirt.

'Oh, um... Yes of course.' I stuttered. He smiled and handed my fireproof training shirt that had been hanging over the arm of the couch. He disappeared into the bathroom and I took it as a cue to get changed. I pulled his nightshirt over my head, and quickly replaced it with my shirt. I tried to ignore the bruising.

I wasn't sure whether to wait for Avery or leave, just as I was thinking that I heard Avery call out from the bathroom.

'Magdalene, are you still here?'

'Um, yeah.' I replied.

'Okay, well I have a few things to do before breakfast, so you should go and I'll catch up with you at training.' He said as he walked out of the bathroom, patting his wet cheeks with a face towel.

'Okay, I'll see you later then.' I said, and slipped off the couch.

I only had one class which was Science and then I had training, same time as Avery. I thanked Avery again before leaving and headed towards my room. I knew that Fidelia would still be in bed because breakfast finished at eleven on Sundays.

When I arrived at my room, I was surprised to see Kermit sitting on Fidelia's bed and Fidelia pacing back and forth in front of him. Her brows furrowed in worry. As soon as Fidelia saw me, she threw herself at me with a squeal. She looked me up and down before scolding me.

'Magdalene, where on earth have you been? I've been so worried! I thought something had happened to you!' She shouted. Kermit looked at me apologetically. He had obviously tried to calm her down.

'My alms started, um... not working right and I was burning up. Avery found me and took me to the Med Room where I stayed the night again.' I lied. It wasn't quite what Avery and I had decided on, but it would have to do.

'You seem to be making a habit of staying in Med Room.' Fidelia hugged me again. After she released me, I walked over to Kermit and pulled him into a tight hug.

'I'm glad you're okay, sorry that I haven't had time to talk to you. Mentor Christian was tough on you I heard.' I said to him. He ran his long fingers through his fiery hair before answering.

'Yes, they are tightening down on us supposedly. To get us ready for our missions. It wasn't too bad, I only needed a few stitches.' Kermit shrugged as I gasped.

'Kermit...' I started.

'Magdalene, I'm fine now okay. Please don't worry.' He looked at me pleadingly and I did. Fidelia probably gave him a huge lecture and would have fussed over him for hours.

'Alright, let me get changed and we can go to breakfast.' I smiled, and Kermit obliged, quickly leaving the room. Fidelia rummaged through my drawers to find a pair of class clothes.