Chapter 2 - Reflection

Seokjin recoiled in shock

But was he really all that surprised? He had always felt sinister vibes around him for the weeks he had been eighteen. He didn't think anything of it, his naive nature given to him by youth caused him to brush it off.

He couldn't stay here, he had to get out. Out before the seemingly small walls closing In on him would crush his body.

He breathed in the air hitting him in slow waves, the sun was setting, leaving an orange fade closing in on the city he lived in, Seoul.

He slowly started walking along the sidewalk, deep into his thoughts.

He took a turn into a dark alleyway, a shortcut to his home.

What did this all mean to him? What would this mean for his future?

He was interrupted by the gruff voice of a man infront of him, it took him a few seconds to process the gun held pointedly at him.

He froze, dread setting into his chest, he took a step back.

"I, i don't want any problem sir." He choked out, placing his hands in front of him, palms facing the man.

The man now barely visible thanks to the dark alleyways sneered, just his aura made Jin want to run into the hills, but what really struck him as officially unsettled was his eyes, empty, dead, emotionless and not scared of taking a life, he had obviously done it before.

"Give me all you got, kid." He spoke, Jin obeyed, after watching several horror movies and documentaries, he knew it was best to do what the man said.

In moments like these (not that he was mugged a lot) he really wished he had a guardian angel.

He remorsefully gave away his phone, and his wallet. The man seemed satisfied, until he caught sight at seokjin's silver necklace.

Immediately Jin took several steps back, and defensively held the silver heart Jin his hand.

"Give it to me." He growled, yet again pointing the weapon at the pink haired boy.

"No." Jin firmly as he could said.

'Dangerous determination' as his father would say, he got it from his mother. Fierce, extreme stubbornness.

He missed her.

Back to the present, the man put his finger on the trigger.

He pulled.

Was this how he was going to die? Without even living his life yet? And all because of that damn necklace? On second thought, he'd rather die with it. If his mother saw him right now, she would be anything but happy.

When he thought about death, he thought he was going to die peacefully, surrounded by his loved ones, with drawers in his head filled to the brim with precious memories.

It was clear fate had other plans for him, as always.

He closed his eyes, now tear eyed.

The shot was loud, and echoed off the alleyway walls, but, there's was no pain, no bleeding.

He opened his eyes, only to be met with a dark clad back facing him. Standing defensively before him.