Chapter 6

~Zayne's POV~

What is she even doing!? It's not like she will convince him anyway. He's a hard one to talk to. It makes me really frustrated. I just stood from a distance and wait for her to come back. I looked at her and examined her features. Not to lie, she looks pretty and all. But she just seemed suspicious... But speaking of her features. She has a nice body. I just said that she was skinny but she wasn't that skinny. Also her eyes... Her smile... they look familiar but I also found them very pretty.

I just kept on looking at her when suddenly; She turned to me and smiled. I was confused as to what that smile meant. 'Did she actually get it? No way'.  I thought to myself as I looked at her with a confused look. Then she waved her hand, as if calling me out. I pointed at myself and she nodded. I sighed and went to her. 

"What is it?" I asked as I looked at her eyes, Very beautiful blue eyes. She looked at me with a smile and flicked my forehead. Though it was not hard, but a light flick. "Hey, you know that hurts." I said and faked getting hurt. She just looked at me weirdly and rolled her eyes. "Hey what's that eye roll for?" I asked and she just ignored me.

Then the owner came back and smiled at Nicole, For some reason I felt something Inside me. This was an unfamiliar feeling. I felt anger and... something else.

"Here, You can borrow it but make sure you keep the promise. Okay?" The Owner said as he looked at Nicole. 

"Yes, Will do." She answered with a smile as she followed the owner. I also followed them. But I was still confused as to how she made him agree and what would their promise be? I was very curious myself so I decided to ask myself.

"So, how did you get him to agree?" I asked and she turned to me with a smile.

"I have my own ways, not like someone there, who actually gets angry easily." She said and it made me embarrassed.

"Hey, how would you know that I got angry, huh?" I asked and she just smiled.

"I got some information from someone. Also if you're going to ask about the secret. It's a secret so I can't tell." She answered and I just sighed. 

After a few seconds we arrived at the place where there were lots of horses there. The owner stopped and we also stopped walking.

"Now make sure to take care of him for me." The owner said and Nicole nodded as she went towards the brown horse. "Also, please don't forget." The owner reminded again.

"I won't. I promise." Nicole said and smiled. 'She really loves smiling... Huh? But it's cute so I won't complain.'  I thought to myself and shrugged it off. 

"Anyways, let's get going." I said and Nicole nodded. "We'll get going then old man." I said as I hopped onto the horse and I also saw Nicole glare at me.

"We'll see you soon Mister." Nicole said and smiled sweetly to the old man. The Old man also smiled making me surprised. Nicole then hopped on and positioned herself from behind me.

"Ready?" I asked as I glanced from behind me.

"Yeah, let's go." Nicole answered and I pulled the rope and let the horse walk to the gate. 

The horse slowly walked as we passed the guards. The guards then nodded as a sign that we can go straight. I used the rope and fastened the pace of the horse. It just takes about a few hours, before we arrive at the Kingdom of Ellesmere. Going there wouldn't take as long as a day anyway. It would just take hours.  

After 2 hours away. Our way to the Kingdom of Ellesmere was still about 5 Hours away. I glanced at Nicole who now has her arms wrapped around my waist. She was just leaning on my back. It was really quiet which was making me kind of sleepy. 

"Hey" I called out and I felt her move her head a bit. "Yeah" She answered and I just sighed. "Are you and that old man friends now or what?" I asked jokingly. "Well, I guess you can say that." She answered. I was just kidding but she really answered it seriously. "What did you do to him?" I asked as I focused on the road. 

"I didn't do anything to him." She answered with a muffled voice. I smiled as I found it cute. "There's just something about him that you didn't know." She continued with a clear voice. I raised an eyebrow even though she couldn't see me. "What would that be? i mean he is an old man that is very grumpy if you ask me." I said and felt her lightly punch my back. "He just misses his family." She said and I heard her heave a long sigh. "His wife actually lives in Ellesmere. They've been apart for 5 years. They have their children all grown up but, they won't visit him anymore." Nicole said with sadness in her tone. 

"How about you?" I asked as I just glance at her from my back. "Hm?" She hummed. "Don't you miss your family? I mean you are going to Ellesmere without them knowing... right?" I asked. She suddenly turned quiet. 'Great, nice going Zayne!' I thought to myself as I mentally face palmed myself. 

The space between us was just silence. Everything turned to silence as time passes by. I felt very uncomfortable because of it. I also now hate my big mouth for saying something like that... Like seriously out of all the topics to say that's the thing that comes out of my mouth. Nice going me...  An hour has passed and yet the silence was still as thick as before. I felt so responsible for it. So I decided to break the ice.

"Hey, I'm sorry for bringing that up... I didn't know it was a sensitive topic." I said and felt nervous when she didn't respond at all. 

"It's... fine, I just miss them and It made me realize something... So there's nothing to worry about." She answered making me feel relieved. We continued the way to the Kingdom of Ellesmere while talking and laughing for a bit. I felt relieved and my sleepiness was gone now that the uncomfortable silence was gone. I felt livelier and happier. It made me more energetic.