"I'll do the whole thing, I just need you to help out with the presentation because that's what we're being graded on. You're free to do whatever you please in the time being."

"Um, are you sure about that?" asked Isaac.

     "Of course." he answered. Isaac only shrugged and turned.

"But uh...about this morning. Charlie told me what you said. I just wanted to ask." Suddenly, Josiah found himself struggling to confront what's been clouding his thoughts all morning.

"...Did you really think I left you on purpose?"

    Isaac tugged on the sleeve of his sweater, as if suddenly embarrassed about his public outburst. "I did at first. In case you forgot, we don't really have a history of being nice to each other."

"Oh, I remember alright. I cried after you destroyed the confidence I had in my sexual abilities." He cocked his head and smirked, "granted, last night did prove that it was all one big, sexually frustrated act."

Isaac scowled.

     "So we're good then?" he said, extending his hand as an offering of a truce.

     "I suppose we are—but only for this morning." Josiah felt a soft, warm hand in his own. "For what you did last night by the lake, I'm definitely getting you back."

    "In what way?" Josiah asked, hiding his excitement.

     "We'll see." He gave a smug grin before leaving. Gosh, everything about the boy was seductive, even his walk.

     To Josiah, Isaac Harley was a series of mysteries. His attitude could go from cold as ice to hot as magma within a few seconds, as well as confident and hard headed to rather submissive and fragile with a few caresses. He used to think the boy was incapable of feeling emotion, but he learned one night that for reasons unknown the boy merely chose to suppress everything. Still, it was these mysteries that made Isaac the most interesting aspect of his mundane life. He was like a spark, triggering fire and chaos throughout Josiah whenever they touched. Isaac Harley was completely erratic, the very first person he couldn't control—something he usually couldn't stand. But Isaac wasn't 'usual'. He's always been an exception to everything.

"—Earth to Josiah!" shouted Charlie.

Josiah snapped out of his thoughts. "What?"

"What was that whole scene with Isaac just now?"

"Scene?"

"The scene involving the shaking of hands and intimate gazing."

"That was just an apology."

"Apology? In what world does he deserve an apology? What the hell is going on between you two? You've been acting strange since Monday."

"Nothing is going on."

"Really? because the look on—"

"Charlie, give it a rest." he said. "You should be wise enough to know not to meddle in my life. Don't tell me now that I'm overestimating your capability."

Charlie grimaced. "I was just curious, no need to be so defensive."

"Well you should control your curiosity. After all, it is said to be lust of the mind.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that your body alone has already proven several times to be a sinner; I recommend you don't let your mind become one too."