THIRTY SEVEN | A NEW FAMILY

RON

"So dad, let me get this straight. You're going to move Jocelyn to Philly, and then ya'll are gonna what - start a family?" Nico raised his brow.

"We haven't gotten that far son, and I'm fifty years old, you think I'm taking a chance of having another one of you" he said looking in between the three of his kids.

"One, that's offensive" Ron started, "Two, you owe me three thousand for a five tiered cake, you didn't even get a piece of. And three"

"And three" Armani jumped in, "You and my mom....eww. You guys are opposite as hell"

"Opposites attract" Muh winked, causing the three to grimace.

It was the day after the party, and after having to explain to hundreds of guest that Muh suddenly got ill during his party, his kids wanted the real excuse as to what was going on. While Armani knew parts of the story, she definitely wanted to know when did her parents become Romeo and Juliet, being tortured by their forbidden love.

"Muhammad, can I call you that?" Nico joked, "If you really love this woman, then why wait so long? I mean, mom found out years ago so it's not exactly a secret"

"And your mother, is the main reason why I've never truly made Jocelyn my woman" Muh sighed, "I just feel guilty, like she's looking down on me, scolding me"

"I would be" Armani shrugged, and Muh rolled his eyes.

"And also" he continued, "I didn't want to disappoint you two. Granted, you were too young to even know the shit me and Sabrina was dealing with back then. But your mother, hated the idea of me having a child with another woman, hell she hated Jocelyn too. But, she learned to love Armani like her own out of the love she had for me. I feel super guilty, now that I'm in love with Jocelyn"

Ron and Nico nodded, and for a moment they all just sat in silence. The situation was indeed heavy, and they could all see where he was coming from.

"Look, dad. We don't care" Nico blurted out, "The shit happened years ago, like you said. And I'm sure, if Mom really loved you she would want you to move on to someone that you want to be with. Not Shonda. And who cares if the family has a problem with it, shit maybe they'll stop asking to borrow money"

"That's true" Ron added, "Cause I ain't got it. I got a kid on the way"

"Excuse me?" Muh raised his brow, "Since when"

"Since I busted that nut you were talking about" Ron chuckled, standing from his chair, "And as much as I would love to stick around and talk about you busting yours, I gotta pick up my girl. I'll call you once I get all the info"

"Like hell you will" Muh shouted after him, and Ron chucked up the peace sign before leaving out.

After a night of making up, Ron couldn't lie and say he wasn't glad that he and Marley decided to work things out. The two still hadn't gotten a chance to schedule an appointment with a doctor yet, but that was next on their list once Ron picked up Ley from work. He hopped straight on 76 and made his way to center city, arriving right on time at two as Marley strolled out of the office in her business casual suit.

"You know, I'm never gonna get over seeing you look like this" Ron smiled, leaning over to kiss her once she slid into the car.

"Don't do that" she stopped him, "I've been throwing up all morning"

"Damn, so it begins" Ron chuckled as he curved her lips, "You ready for this?"

"It's been started, babe. You just haven't been around" she said making him feel slightly bad, "I don't even know how many weeks I am or any of that technical shit, I just know I'm sick as hell"