Chapter 23

Kara's POV

After I leave Levi's office, I walk down to my bedroom and sit on the bed to think.

I think about the situation with Iris and then that makes me think about Levi. He seemed so drained and disorientated when I walked into that room. I always thought about how Iris felt or how I feel about what has been happening. I never thought about how this could be affecting Levi. But then again, this situation is partly his fault.

Not the fighting, I mean. The heart-breaking. Iris looked even more defeated than Levi did. The way she dragged herself into the room and carried the very noticeable bags under her eyes. It made me feel bad for her and want to comfort her, but I knew that what her and Levi had to talk about was important. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a little angry and frustrated at the facts that she took her anger out on me that day in the ring. But, I understand where she was coming from and that it was a mistake, plus she had apologized for it. I wouldn't want Iris to be kicked out of the gang almost as much as Isabella and Jenna. I know I've only been here for a few months and I don't really know Iris that well, but I've seen the way she acts around the people she loves, so I won't hold her to one mistake she has made. I just hope that Levi thinks the same way. 

I stand up from the bed and walk into the bathroom to take a shower. I'm desperately craving hot water on my skin. I strip from my clothes, so I now stand bare on the bathroom rug. I run the water and slip into the tub. 

I spend twenty minutes in the shower, until my skin starts to prune and then I step out, wrapping a towel around my torso. I walk out into the bedroom, cool breeze hitting my legs and shoulders. I shiver and reach for a comfy outfit in my dresser. It takes me a while, but I decide to go with white shorts and a baggy t-shirt that reaches my mid-hips. I slip the outfit on and go to brush my teeth when I feel a large and sweaty hand wrap around it. I whip my head around to see a huge man standing in front of me. He's wearing all black and has a ski mask covering most of his face. 

"Damn, I came just at the right time." He walks closer to me and I back up slowly. He licks his lips and I open my mouth to say something but I'm too shocked for words to come out. "Where's your gang leader boyfriend?"

I look behind him to see the window open and the curtains are ripped. I back up into my dresser and he corners me. "L-leave me a-alone."

"Aw, why do ya want me to leave, precious. The party's just beginning." As soon as the words leave his mouth, I dive to the side to get out of the human trap he had put me in. He grabs my waist and pulls me back to him before I can make it far. "Where you going?" He hauls me over his shoulder and I wiggle and claw at his back to get myself free. He throws me on the bed, harshly, and I groan as my head hits the headboard.

"Get away from me!"I try to roll off but he pins my arms behind my back with one hand and wraps the other around my neck. Before he can tighten it too much that I can't breathe, I scream out, of my last chances for help. "HELP ME, LEVI!!"

"No one can hear you, bitch. Levi won't save you, so I suggest you start praying to God." He tightens his hold on my neck and I lose my air supply. 

My hands fumble to get free and when they do I push at his head and put pressure on his eye to distract him. His grip loosens but it's still strong enough to kill me. My vision starts to get black at the edges and my hands fall on the bed, unable to move. 

Am I really about to die like this? Strangled by a sweaty man in a gang house. 

"GET THE FUCK OFF HER!!" I hear a deep growl and suddenly the man is ripped from my body and I see three figure standing over another dark figure on the ground. The last thing I see is green swallow me whole before everything goes black.