I knew it was difficult. I had a feeling it would be bad. But I didn't predict it would be THIS bad!

I sighed as the snow hit me. It was cold. I was shivering. Damn. Hard coming off these Syracuse winters. Now I'm shivering in my rags from the snow. Great. I sat under one of the bridges for 690, one of the highways that ran through the city. I was hungry. Cold. Scared. I was only 18.

"Dammit.." I sighed. "It hurts not having anywhere to go.."

Then I heard walking behind me.

I thought it was a jogger. It was gonna clear up soon and there were many great places to jog. Mom and I used to jog a lot. Until she died, leaving me an orphan.

Suddenly I felt a hand cover my mouth.

I fought with all my might, but I eventually was knocked out.

I awoke in a basement. I was tied to a pole. Gagged. I struggled. They must've been using handcuffs because I couldn't slip loose. Damn they knew what they were doing.

"Oh look." I heard a man growl.

I looked up.

"You bastard!" I spat.

My ex Franklin stood over me. He had a smirk the size of a cob of corn on his face.

"Oh I'm sorry." Franklin faked pity. "I don't talk to the sluts!"

I froze. My memory was chipped into overdrive.

I remembered it all too well. He was an abusive asshole. He'd hit me, cut me, rape me. I hated him so much. He took advantage of my autism. I remembered how he locked me in a room and I had a claustrophobic panic attack..

He moved to the side. I gasped.

"Charlotte?!" I asked.

My best friend looked at me. She seemed so different. I had a feeling he'd broke her pretty quickly.

"I'll leave you two sluts here." Franklin growled as he left the room.

I stared at Charlotte. She crawled towards me.

What was going to happen?!