XXXI

It's two days after my smoking incident when I get Yaser's call. When I pick up the phone and hear Yaser crying, for a moment, I imagine the worse, but then Yaser sobs out that Zayn is okay and that he could not be thankful enough to God for that.

          I have been laying on my bed, feeling guilty that I have not visited Zayn even once, except telling Perrie to tell him how sorry I am for starving myself, and that I would only come in front of him when I am better.

          But now, I jump up from the bed, my breathing heavy. "I am coming in a minute!" I yell into the phone.

          "Yes," Yaser says, sounding a tad more calm, but still sniffing "He is asking for you. Room no. 268"

          My heart soars with joy, and I hang up the phone. I take a 5 minute shower (literally), throw on a T-shirt and skinny jeans and converse, lock the house and am on the way to the hospital within 10 minutes.

          When I arrive at his hospital room where he has been shifted, he is surrounded by his family and Perrie, and despite the chattering around him, he ignores everyone and wolfs down food.

          For someone who had to be given food using a tube, this is a huge progress.

         And seeing him so thin and weak yet so full of life after so long, I suck in a breath, feeling like my chest is light again.

[ A/N :

     Hey, guys! Just wanted to say that I have published a new Zarry  (obviously) story called 'For your eyes only', and I would really be thankful if you could give it a read. Thank you! ]