XVI

I keep tossing and turning. The ticking of the clock seems louder in the erie silence. My thoughts keep drifting back to Zayn and his...cancer.

         I can't loose him. And I won't; I resolve silently.

               A tapping sound on my window draws me out of my thoughts. My heart starts beating faster, and not in fear. That's Zayn. Only he comes to visit me like that. No-one else.

              I quickly open the window, and let the boy, who has my heart, in.

        "Zayn...?" my voice sound so loud in the pin drop silence of my room, so silent that I could hear the steady beat of my heart against my rib cage.

                           "Haz," his eyes are moist, and-and—god forbid I am saying this but—hopeless and defeated. Like, he has given up hope. Like, he doesn't fight anymore.

        "I need you...I—" he breaks down into violent sobs, crumbling to the floor into a million pieces, shaking and trembling.

                       I quickly embrace him. "Shh, you don't have to say anything." I mumble soothingly "I understand. I completely understand."

          And I do. I do understand him. The reality is finally settling in. I sigh, remembering what my sister, Gemma—an aspiring writer—once told me.

                         Life means business. You have to dodge all the obstacles it throws your way, whether you want to, or not.

[ A/N :
       Hey, guys! I am back with the story! And I am fresh with new ideas! Woohoo!
                              Annnndddd I want to ask you guys a small question...did you guys genuinely like this story? Look forward for the updates? Consider ever re-reading it? I want your honest opinions. Please. I beg you.
                   Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter!
          Love ya!
          ~ S ]